Baby news!

iStock 000000114065XSmall Baby news!For those of you who were wondering why I’ve been unusually quiet on Twitter, or why I’ve been even worse about replying to emails than usual (what? nobody was wondering? anyway…) it’s because I’ve been battling major morning sickness.

Yep, baby #5 is on the way! We’re about 10 weeks along, and he or she is due June 30. For those of you keeping track, we currently have a six-year-old boy, and three girls ages four, three and one. As with all my pregnancies, this one is high-risk, involving daily shots, induced labor, and countless doctor visits (that story here), but we’re really excited!

Hopefully morning sickness (which for me is “all day and night” sickness) will pass before Christmas, and I’ll be able to join normal society again. Until then, I apologize if I’m slow responding to emails, tweets, etc.

Blessed Advent!

172 Responses to “Baby news!”
  1. I thought so! Congratulations!
    Heather’s Hodgepodge recently posted..Three Generations

2. Congratulations!
    Charlotte (Matilda) recently posted..7 Quick Birthday Takes

3. Cora says:

Congratulations! That is so exciting!!
    Cora recently posted..Seven Quick Takes – 12-3-10

4. Congratulations! It must be particularly difficult to care for a brood of small children while feeling so under-the-weather; but what a joy!

5. Jen G says:

Congratulations on your little blessing! I’ll be praying for you!

6. Claire says:

Congratulations, Jen! This is wonderful news. I’ll be praying for you. God Bless you and your family.

7. Camille says:

Congratulations! What wonderful news! May God bless your pregnancy and keep both of you safe all the way through to birth. You’ll be in the prayers of many!
    Camille recently posted..A Gift

8. Kara says:

Congratulations!! I am expecting my 4th on June 16th!!! Thanks to your blog, I reached a level of acceptance for my growing family just in time to find out I was pregnant with this one. So thank you! Hope you’re feeling better soon!

9. kg says:

Congratulations! How very exciting!

10. MrsDarwin says:

Our prayers and congratulations!

11. Jenny says:

Yay! Such happy news!
    Jenny recently posted..The Question of the Day

12. ACL says:

Congratulations,Jennifer! God bless you and your newest little one!
    ACL recently posted..Now Thank We All Our God

13. lisa says:

congrats!! I was diagnosed with two genetic bleeding disorders AFTER the birth of baby number 5- Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome and Von Willebrands.
    sure explained so much, and in hindsight many Drs say all of those babies were miracles!
    We just had baby number 6 two months ago., and now have 5 boys and a girl.
    I will keep you in my prayers- and looking forward to your visit to our DIocese- Peoria for the Behold COnference!
    I’m a fellow convert and dh works for Diocese here- Marriage and Family Life :)

14. Judy Farrell says:

Congratulations! I will pray for a safe and happy pregnancy for you. In other news, I tried the recipe you recommended–the pudding, graham cracker, chocolate frosting one–and all the members of our Catholic book club went crazy for it. So simple, but deadly effective! Thank you!!

15. Rose A says:

Congratulations!!! Baby #6 is due in January for me and my heart goes out to you in that difficult stage of pregnancy!!
    Rose A recently posted..FREE Sample of Stayfree Ultra Thin with ThermoControl

16. Therese says:

Congratulations Jen. I hope the morning sickness settles down soon for you. Our 5th child is now 10.
    Therese recently posted..Test Strips for Rwanda

17. Angie says:

Congrats from one of your silent followers!

18. Jules says:

Congrats! Babies are awesome!
    Jules recently posted..Philippians

19. Kimberlie says:

This is wonderful news! I will add you to my daily prayers so that you will be feeling better soon and that no complications will arise with this pregnancy.

Many blessings!
    Kimberlie recently posted..7 Quick Takes Vol 4

20. Marcy K. says:

Oh I’m so happy for you and your family. I know this will be a difficult time, but how exciting to be bringing another wonderful little human being into the world. I found that two things helped me with my last little one and morning sickness, SeaBands and Altoid Tangerine Sours hard candy. God Bless!

21. Ela Nelson says:

Congratulations! Prayers to St. Gerard Majella are being said for all you. :) Hope you feel better soon!

22. Eliz says:

Congratulations! God bless this new little one and your entire family!

23. Loretta S. says:

Lovely lovely news Jen! Congratulations to everyone!

24. Gina says:

Congratulations and blessings!

25. Kelly says:

Oh, How wonderful! Praying you will feel better very soon! I have seven and my youngest is 11. I actually miss the stage you are in now. I know it is tough when you feel ill, but *try* to treasure it! It flies by!
    Blessings and Peace,
    Kelly@http://amomforlife-theunconventionalfamily.blogspot.com/
    Kelly recently posted..Advent- He comes toward us

26. Congratulations! Fabulous news! My fourth in less than five years is due 20 June! It will be wonderful to walk and pray alongside you during this time.
    Elisa | blissfulE recently posted..Nikki’s Australian bush dance

27. Jamie says:

Congrats!
    Jamie recently posted..Say It With Suet

28. nicole says:

Congratulations! Many prayers for good health and an easing of the sickness.
    nicole recently posted..December First

29. Blessings! Morning sickness is the worst – but as you know, this too shall pass. My daughter has been sick as a dog with all 6 children but the prize at the end is worth it all. May you be blessed with a healthy, perfect baby.
    Cottage By The Sea recently posted..Cheers And A Toast From The Cottage

30. Leila says:

Oh my goodness! What a very blessed little baby this is! I will pray for you to feel better soon!
    Leila recently posted..Answer to DQS and Grand Prize Winner!!

31. Heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS, Jenn! I am so thrilled for you all. I genuinely had been wondering about the quietness here, and so this explains so much.

Sending prayers that you are feeling much better VERY soon!
    Megan@SortaCrunchy recently posted..Links for 2010-12-03 delicious

32. Kerri says:

Wonderful news! Praying for you and baby.

33. Jessica Coleman says:

Congratulations! Thank you for your wonderful example of love and openess to life!!

34. Christine says:

Hooray! Congrats to you and your family! What a blessing!
    Christine recently posted..Rhythm

35. Amity says:

Congrats! I’m due in June, too. Joy!

36. sara m says:

Congratulations!
    sara m recently posted..gingerbread

37. Ashley says:

Oh my goodness! I’m so giddy with excitement! Wow. I had to start this post over twice. Congratulations! I will be praying for your high-risk pregnancy daily.
    Ashley recently posted..Posts You Wont Read

38. Lacey says:

Congratulations! All the best! :)

39. Julie says:

That is so exciting! Many congrats and blessings.
    Julie recently posted..Nuff Said

40. Shelley says:

Congratulations! You and your family must be so happy!
    Shelley recently posted..Just Accept It – Thats All You Need To Do

41. Paula Kittle says:

Congratulations Jennifer! I have five also. Mine are 12, 8, 4, 3 and 20 months. You’d think I’d have it pretty easy with the 12 and 8 year olds being in the mix, but they are less help than you think. ; ) Having the last three so close together has totally kicked my rear end, so I understand what it’s like! I homeschool my two eldest (I remember you blogged about starting homeschooling full time with your son) and it can be challenging when you’re not well and have little ones to look after too, I will be praying for you!

42. Hi, Jen!!
    A Big HELLO from BRASIL!!

Great news. Till this point of my Advento, it was the great notice, by far!!

Stay in the Peace of God!!
    You and All Your Blessed Family!!

~~~
    ~Ana Paula~A Católica recently posted..Estou tristíssima Mas também é bom viver assim!

43. Mary says:

Congratulations Jennifer!! Wonderful news. may God protect you and your newest little miracle throughout this pregnancy!

44. Tom Faranda says:

Great! your own basketball team. One more and you’ll have a hockey squad.

45. Elizabeth M says:

Congratulations on the newest blessing for your family. Prayers too for a healthy and uneventful pregnancy. Your living faith is a wonderful inspiration.

46. L a u r a says:

Congratulations on your wee one on the inside!! You’ll be in our prayers for a healthy pregnancy, safe delivery…and that you return to feeling human again soon. What an additionally hope-filled Advent for your family!

47. Kathryn says:

that’s awesome! congradulations to you and your family! I will pray for your health and that of the baby’s.

48. Rae says:

Congratulations!

49. gia says:

Yay!!! Congratulations Jennifer!!! Keeping you all in our prayers.

50. I will say a prayer that God FLOODS your heart with peace during your pregnancy. It’s very exciting news.

I had a suspicion after reading your recent post about the possibility of having more kids – it was a great post too. I’m sure God’s been preparing your heart for this pregnancy, which could otherwise be totally alarming, how wonderful he is!
    Marilyn Rodrigues recently posted..Thank you

51. Mega-congrats! Five is a great number.
    Julia at LotsaLaundry recently posted..Nutcracker!

52. Audrey says:

wooHOO! God is good!

53. Maria says:

Congratulations! So happy to hear this news! Be assured of my prayers for you all. May God bless you and your family abundantly!

54. Laura says:

Congratulations! Morning sickness and beginning to homeschool all at the same time! I will keep you in my prayers :)
    Laura recently posted..I Have An Obligation

55. Kaitlin @ More Like Mary says:

Praise God! What wonderful news!

56. Katie says:

Congrats! What wonderful news! I will keep you in prayer for a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery. We are due with #4 right around that time and our oldest just turned 4.

57. Jennifer G. says:

CONGRATULATIONS!! We’ll keep you in our prayers! At least you have a nice opportunity to offer up your suffering, right?! :)

58. Terri says:

SO happy for you. Will keep you in our prayers.

59. Tara Meghan says:

Gah! Congratulations!!!! :-D

60. Monica says:

Congratulations!!!!! What happy news!!

61. Kim says:

Congratulations!! :D
    Kim recently posted..December’s Feasts and Festivities

62. Kristy says:

Congratulations!

63. Megan says:

Congratulations!!
    Megan recently posted..Temporary life

64. Liesl says:

I wondered when you said you’d been under the weather! Congratulations!
    Liesl recently posted..My Quick Wit Emerges Victorious Once Again

65. amy2boys says:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    amy2boys recently posted..Three

66. Congratulations, Jen! I’ll definitely keep you in my prayers. I’m due on tax day with my 2nd (a girl this time!) and recently finished battling morning sickness for the first time.
    Courageous Grace recently posted..Oh Dear

67. Christine says:

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So hard now. Hang in there.

I had mine close together and now my oldest is almost 15! It does get easier and a lot of fun when they are bigger.

Then I had my no. 5 baby at the age of 42. The kids love love love her.

ALL babies are blessings at any time and any age.

Just hope you feel bette soon.

And take it easy. Do not stress out so much about this or that. Enjoy your babies.

68. JoAnna says:

Congratulations!! Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy! (By the way, with my last pregnancy, I drank tons of Gatorade and that helped keep me out of the ER during the first trimester – first pregnancy I haven’t needed IV fluids!)
    JoAnna recently posted..Might I suggest Prozac

69. Sheba says:

Many, many congratulations!!!!

70. Amy says:

I’m leaving lurkdom to rejoice with you in this wonderful news! Our families look very similar (our five are 7,5,4,2,4mos). Thanks for blogging – so often I get caught up in trying to be a good mom that I forget to be a good a daughter of God too. Your writing reminds me that I have to cultivate that relationship as well. You have a lot on your plate right now with morning sickness along with high risk care along with homeschooling along with taking care of you family and writing a bit. You will sincerely be in my prayers.

71. Roxane B. Salonen says:

Yay, Jennifer! Welcome to the Club of 5! So happy to hear your news. I have to admit, now that I have no children in diapers, I feel envious. Yes, that’s right. I envy you. In a good way, though. I’m really very, very happy for you. God bless!

72. Congratulations on your new precious little one growing inside!
    Melissa @ Anxious for Nothing recently posted..While We’re Far Apart- by Lynn Austin

73. CONGRATULATIONS, JEN!!! I’m so excited for you and I’ll pray for a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery. I had to do induced labor with my first, and I know it is TOUGH! You are a champion! Love and prayers, Bethany
    Bethany Hudson recently posted..December Learning Baskets

74. Theresa says:

Congratulations, Jennifer!
    I am an RN and the mom of 14 children (three in heaven and 11 living on earth). I assisted homebirth nurses and a group of homebirth physicians at home births for seven years. Most of my pregnancies I suffered with ‘all day’ sickness. It wasn’t ‘fun’, but it helped to know that it was only temporary! Our beautiful bunch of children are now ages 33 down to age 9. I would like to share something with you that I wish I had known about many years ago. Our family has found something which has truly a blessing and gift of Mercy from The Lord. If I had known about it years ago, perhaps I wouldn’t have had to go through the ‘all day sickness’, nor would two of our children have been born prematurely (one 7 weeks early, and one 6 weeks early). Let me know if you would like more information. Advent blessings to you and your family!

75. Kathy says:

Congratulations! :)

I will pray for you and the baby.
    Kathy recently posted..The not-so-pro-life Democrat goes home

76. Tami says:

Congratulations! It actually crossed my mind recently wondering about a #5 for your family. Our #5 is due March 2011.

77. ~ Nona says:

Wonderful news!

Just today I found a baby photo of my father. He was the youngest of…13. Thank God my grandparents had him!

Sometimes I look at my youngest sister, the youngest of 12, and I’m amazed: She’s the 12th of a 13th.

Parents’s generosity is a wonderful, wonderful gift — the only gift that is eternal.

~ Nona

78. Jen, first, congratulations. Second, re the morning sickness, I sympathize. With my first three children, I was sick 24/7 for a full nine months. In fact, I was unaware of much of the pain of labor because I spent so much time vomiting during labor, with doctors shaking their heads, saying “this was supposed to be over six months ago.” Yeah, supposed to! I was given a raft of medicines; none worked or even helped, but one might have caused my daughter Noelle’s birth defects. All the vomiting also led to a weight loss during pregnancy (I lost 25 pounds during my first pregnancy), which, of course, worried doctors no end and meant that my babies were born emaciated. Then, with my fourth, I happened to eat rye bread one morning, and, amazingly, I kept it down. In fact, I kept everything else down for a while that day. So, the next day I tried another slice. Same wonderful response. I mentioned this odd but terrific reaction to rye bread to an older, country friend, who responded, “Of course! It has carroway seeds.” Apparently, country women where she grew up (Poland) used carroway to control nausea routinely in the absence of access to modern medicine. Carroway seeds can also be purchased separately from rye bread, and I did that, too, although I mostly just ate a slice of rye bread at every meal. In this way, I was able to keep my morning/all-day sickness at bay for the remainder of the pregnancy and did not vomit during labor. I even gained a little way. If you are still suffering from morning sickness, I recommend that you try it. I cannot promise that it will be the panacea for you that it was for me, but, heck, it’s worth a try.
    Elizabeth Mahlou recently posted..Spiritual Sunday 11- Dark Night of the Soul a la St John of the Cross

79. Alhana says:

Many many congratulations, Jen & family!!
    And take care~

80. C Dyan says:

Awesome news! :) I’m jealous, too – but in a good way! Being single, I still don’t know what my vocation would be, but if I would become a wife and mother, I want to receive that gift of motherhood as joyfully and faithfully as you do! :)

81. bwya says:

Congratulations!

82. Andy D says:

Wow, congrats! Hope everything goes well and that you and your family enjoy the newest one when he or she gets here!

83. Sheryl says:

Whoop!Whoop!

84. Jennie C. says:

Congratulations!
    Jennie C. recently posted..Motivation

85. Diana says:

Congrats!! the Lord bless you! You and baby are both in my prayers…
    Diana recently posted..Sr Sturmia has gone home…

86. Congratulations, Jen! Also, with my youngest sister, my mom had really bad morning sickness, and someone suggested ginger, and it helped a lot. I also use it myself for motion sickness. There are pills or you can chew on the root or on candied ginger, drink ginger ale, etc. Best wishes to you and your family!

87. Trish Yandell says:

Many,many congratulations. This is the most prayed about baby EVER. May God keep you and your little one safe. It is so beautiful to follow your life of faith with all its ups and downs.

88. tgz says:

Congratulations and blessings!

89. Congratulations! Something you said a week or two ago made me wonder…don’t remember what it was now, but I’m not surprised. Wonderful news!

90. Lisa V. says:

Congratulations! Don’t know how you handle morning sickness along with four little ones. Well I do know as a mom myself… you just do. Hope after you’re out of the first trimester the morning sickness goes goodbye.

91. Jeana says:

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you!

92. Sarah says:

Congratulations Jen and family!

I am due (with our third) on the EXACT same day! :) I’d say something about “great minds” but I don’t think it’d be quite appropriate for the subject . . . Ha! :) And, I too, am battling morning sickness day and night (the last two I haven’t been sick, so this is new to me! Ugh.:)

You and your family will be in my prayers, Jen! Have a happy and healthy nine months!

Best,
    Sarah
    Sarah recently posted..Review – Little Star

93. MichelleH says:

Congratulations!

94. Jennifer says:

Yay!

95. sara says:

I’m sure you don’t feel inspirational while barfing, but your generosity is truly inspiring. God bless your family and get you through this difficult time!
    sara recently posted..Happy Feast of St Nicholas!

96. MelanieB says:

I’ve already said it; but one can never say congratulations enough o so joyful an announcement. So Congratulations again! We’re praying for you and your little one.
    MelanieB recently posted..Slow Advent Updates

97. Adell Neulander says:

Congratulations!!!! Take care of yourself and I will keep you and all women in high risks pregnancies in my daily prayers.God bless you and your husband for being open to more children. BTW I am seeing more and more larger families in an array of different churches and out an about, which is absolutely wonderful. Maybe this is a trend?

98. Mary says:

Congratulations. May God bless you and your family for being so open to life.

99. Smoochagator says:

Oh, Jennifer, that is wonderful! Congratulations, I am so happy for your family :-D

100. Marie says:

What happy news! Will send prayers your way.

101. How exciting! Congratulations!

102. What great news. Congratulations, Jennifer! I hope the all-day sickness stops soon.
    Jess @ Making Home recently posted..7 Quick Takes Friday – 8

103. Young Mom says:

Congrtatulations! This is the first pregnancy I haven’t spent the first 2 trimester’s next to the toilet, so I feel your pain! Hope you are feeling better soon. :)
    Young Mom recently posted..Home Again

104. Allison says:

Congrats! You’re due a week after me :)
    Allison recently posted..I feel initiated

105. Oh Jennifer! Congratulations! God’s richest blessings on you.

(And if you’re anything like me, you have permission to come back and read this when the morning sickness subsides. Until I get through that first trimester, I can’t truly be excited. People would say, “Oh that’s so wonderful!” And I would blurg “Eh.”)

106. Amy says:

congratulations! you will definitely be in our prayers. :)

107. Susan says:

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy, delivery and baby! Oh, and a Merry Christmas too!

108. Congratulations and many blessings! Will pray for good health and peace and joy for all of you this season. :)
    Love2learn Mom recently posted..First Book Meme of This New Blog…

109. Nicole says:

Many blessings! Five was when we officially felt weird in the world. It was great.
    Nicole recently posted..No More Sorrow

110. Kate J says:

Bless your heart… I know what it’s like to care for little ones thru morning sickness… I hope you will be done with the worst of it soon. Prayers headed your way for a safe, happy, healthy pregnancy!

111. LOTS LOTS LOTS of prayers coming your way! My last 2 were also lots-of-shots-and-drugs-babies …not easy, but you know it is worth it- and of course, your husband has to be in awe of your strength :)
    priest’s wife recently posted..Homeschool FAIL 7 Quick Takes

112. Mary says:

I thought so!!! : )

Morning sickness aside… I love being pregnant in Advent. You and your family will be in our prayers during this blessed time! Congratulations!!!

113. Brianna says:

Congratulations!!! SO excited for you! My husband I have five kids, ages 6 and under as well!
    Brianna recently posted..Blogging for Cliff

114. Karen says:

Oh, congratulations! I am just now 11 weeks along with #4 (I have boys, aged 10, 5 and 4), due on June 27th, and am so excited that one of my favorite bloggers is sharing my due date month! If that sounds creepy, I apologize.

Also, congratulations on homeschooling. We have been homeschooling from the beginning with our oldest, and really enjoy it.

115. Denise says:

Oh, congratulations to you and your family! May the Lord relieve you of the challenges and shower you abundantly with the blessings!

116. Lina says:

Congratulations! Prayers heading your way for a safe pregnancy and healthy baby.

117. Sue from Buffalo says:

Congratulations!!!! It’s a happy day when babies come.

118. Abigail B says:

Congrats on the blessing! That is wonderful you are pregnant again. I think you need to round this family out with another boy.

119. Praise God for you openness to life and your courage in following His plan!
    May you be abundantly blessed and may your whole family treasure every moment of your pregnancy, even the difficult ones.
    Bridget Adams recently posted..Meeting Archbishop J Peter Sartain

120. Nina says:

I am so, so, so profoundly excited for you. You stand for and are living HOPE in a world of fear and cynicism. I will be praying for you and your blessed family. Thank you for shining your light to the world, Jennifer. Your story (past, and continuing!) is such an important one!

121. Diane says:

Again, congratulations. I will pray for you and your precious baby.
    St. Gerard, pray for this beautiful woman and her unborn baby. Keep them safe, and help her to deliver her gift from God safely.

• Diane says:

I forgot to add that my first child, now 34 years old is my miracle baby. I had placenta praevia (spelling?). The doctor never told me. When my water broke, I was actually hemoraging, (spelling again?). I had an emergency C-section. The doctor told me later that he never expected me to have that baby. Before the surgery, he told my husband he couldn’t guarantee that either one of us would survive. God had other plans. Not only do I have that son, but I have a daughter and another son, and 2 beautiful grandsons. God has His plans!!

122. kigwit says:

Blessings! How wonderful.
    kigwit recently posted..More Advent-y Adventures

123. Victor says:

We can offically play 5 vs. 5 basketball with our kids! Our fifth was just born two months ago. Congratulations!!!
    Victor recently posted..Eastern Orthodoxy – Our differences

124. Mary says:

Wonderful news! Congratulations! My second is due in April, and it’s the pits hahaha. Not the baby – just the pregnancy. :/

I’ll pray for St. Gerard’s intercession for a healthy pregnancy and baby!

125. Christina says:

Congratulations and prayers on the way! I, too, had “all day and night” sickness right around Christmastime last year. The only thing that worked for me was lime Jell-O, though I’m sure you’ve got it figured out by now. Blessings and peace in this Advent season!
    Christina recently posted..In Which I Finish Knitting Sofies Stocking

126. Melissa AtLee says:

Congratulations Jennifer! What wonderful news as we celebrate the Advent Season. Many many blessings to you and your growing family!!

127. Catherine says:

I am so very happy for you and your family! May our good God continue to bless you and keep you safe and well. You will be in my prayers

128. Barb says:

Congratulations! I’m saying a prayer that you’ll feel better soon and that all will go well. God bless!!

129. Mary says:

Congratulations. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Mary recently posted..Well- Christmas is Over

130. Congratulations! Children are definitely the best gifts. I will pray for the health of you and your baby.
    Mary @ A Simple Twist of Faith recently posted..What is your image of God

131. Marian says:

CONGRATULATIONS!! Rest up: You’re working very hard right now– on the inside!

132. Josephenne Kealey says:

Woman, you are insane.

I say this, of course, with a huge smile on my face.

You and and your husband are incredible.

And what’s kinda irritating in an a most affectionate way, you make me realize I’m gonna be one of “those moms” with lots of kids, too. And that’s ok.

Isn’t it crazy just saying that, coming to terms with that? I sometimes say to myself, “Are we really doing this, my husband and I? Another one?! Now? Isn’t this supposed to be too hard?”

It’s BLOODY hard, but I love it.

God spoil you and your family.

133. Lana says:

Congrats and I am a little envious too. My dh just told me he doesn’t really want any more. You are blessed!

134. Jessica says:

Congratulations!

135. Aubrey says:

Congratulations!!!!! (That’s one exclamation point for each child.) Kids are great. Kids are so great! I’m so excited for you! I’ll pray for a healthy pregnancy for you and for Baby 5, and that everything goes smoothly. God is so good!
    Aubrey recently posted..Diction 101

136. LeAnn says:

Congratulations! Wonderful news! I’m expecting our 4th mid-May. Will pray all goes well for you and your baby.

137. Mrs. Parunak says:

Oh, what exciting news!!! I’m so happy for you and your family. I’ll pray for you to be able to enjoy your advent despite the nausea.

138. Theresa in Alberta says:

Praying for you and your blessing(s)!! Congratulations…..

139. Kevin says:

Congratulations!
    From a father of six.
    God Bless,
    Kevin

140. Congraulations! As Psalm 115:14 says, “May the LORD cause you to flourish, both you and your children.”

141. Rachel says:

Congrats! What an amazing blessing for you and your family. I’ll keep you in my thoughts & prayers.
    Rachel recently posted..Saturday Bible Study Acts 1-3- The Gift of the Holy Spirit

142. Elizabeth C. says:

Congratulations!!!! We pray for a healthy baby and momma!!
    Elizabeth C. recently posted..Jesse Tea for Advent

143. Calah says:

Oh congratulations! I really hope this pregnancy is not as difficult. We’ll keep you in our prayers!

144. …congratulations, but keep posting when you can!
    priest’s wife recently posted..Singing with Saint Nicholas

145. Linda says:

Congratulations!

146. eileen says:

Congratulations Jennifer! Prayers for a quick recovery from morning sickness… You are a true witness to God’s grace. May He continue to bless you and your family.

147. Hilay Sloutsky says:

Congratulations! I was so happy to read your exciting news.

148. Congratulations! You’ve been promoted from a Four Kid Mom to a Five Kid Mom. And the One giving the promotion is sure you are up to it!!!!
    Wendy from Zoom recently posted..St Nicholas Day and the Virtue of Hope

149. Ismael says:

congratulationa!

150. Rochelle says:

Congrats!!! We’re due July 11th with our second, and we’ll keep you in our prayers! St. Gerard and St. Gianna are wonderful saints to ask for prayers during pregnancy. Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

151. Lisa says:

After 159 comments, that’s a lot to read….. Congrats! I love your blog.

152. Jay says:

Congratulations!! I have four little ones close to your children’s ages. We’ll be praying for you and for a safe and happy pregnancy!!!

153. Lauren says:

This is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! I’m so excited for you!!! Blessings on your family!!! Praying our Lady wraps her mantle of protection over you and the baby throughout this pregnancy!

154. Betsy says:

Congratulations! Perhaps you’re already aware of this morning sickness remedy, but it was news to me when I got the queasies for the 1st time with baby #3…Unisom. It’s actually an over-the-counter sleep aid, but for whatever reason, a 1/2 dose taken before bed got rid of the nausea the next day just the way many a pregnant woman claimed it would. It was approved by my doctor and it’s made me a whole new woman! I’ll keep you in my prayers!
    Betsy recently posted..Go- and vent no more

155. Erin Kelly says:

Congrats! Perhaps you might be blessed with a little Peter or Paul on their feast day of June 29 (also just happens to be my bday too). I’ve always felt great connection to these two pillars of the Church. I just found out (like this morning) that I’m expecting baby #4, which throws me into a quite a whirlwind of ‘what are we going to do??!” No car for 6, a house with one bathroom . . . . so it always inspires me to hear the words of your journey.

Thanks, and again, congratulations and God bless.

156. Jen Raiche says:

We are pregnant with #5 as well–and due June 23rd! Our oldest is 7, then 5, 3, and 2!

And, I too am sick, sick, sick. All the time. Thankfully, about every 3rd day is a good day. Then I do a marathon of laundry and house cleaning.

Don’t worry too much about needing to ease up on homeschooling. There are many seasons in family life. You may need to rest now, but the second trimester is coming!

Peace to you!

157. descrito says:

Congratulations! I wish many good things for you and your family!

158. pharmgirl says:

Congrats! I’ll pray for you and the rest of your family!

159. AgnesRegina says:

CONGRATULATIONS on the Future Baby! Hope all goes well and that you have a wonderful Advent and Christmas.

160. Janet says:

Congratulations! My oldest was a little over six when number 5 was born. So I now have a 7 yr girl, 5 yr old boy/girl twins, 3 yr boy, and 8 mo. boy. I rarely have time to comment, but I had to say, you are not alone! It can be grueling but oh, so rewarding! I’ll pray for a safe pregnancy and delivery.
    Janet recently posted..Child Number Five Is First

161. Jill says:

Congrats! As a mother of 5 (ages 2-10), people ask all the time, “How do you do it?!”. My answer is simply, “God and a helpful husband”. It’s crazy and wonderful at the same time. Godspeed for a healthy pregnancy and delivery!

162. Christine says:

Just think of the beautiful family reunions you will have in 25 years when they’re all grown up, have spouses & kids of their own! Congrats & prayers for you and your family!
    Christine recently posted..Things I have learned from living in the South

163. That’s perfect that people can receive the business loans moreover, that opens completely new possibilities.