The Our Father, Word by Word – a roundup of posts!

our father The Our Father, Word by Word   a roundup of posts!

When I wrote the first post for this series back in March, I thought I’d have it wrapped up by the end of Lent. I would have never guessed that the final post wouldn’t be up until almost December! Keeping up with the project required more work than I expected, but it was so much fun. In particular, I loved hearing everyone else’s thoughts. The guest posters were constantly coming up with fresh insights I would have never thought of, leading me to see this prayer in a whole new light.

And so, nine months, 40 posts and 26 contributors later, here is a roundup on our meditation on the Our Father. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

BY WORD

OURFATHERWHOARTIN | HEAVEN (1) | HALLOWED BETHYNAMEKINGDOMCOMEWILLBE DONEONEARTHAS IT IS |  HEAVEN (2) | GIVEUS (1) | THISDAYOURDAILYBREADFORGIVE |  US (2) | TRESPASSESASWE FORGIVETHOSEWHO HAVE TRESPASSEDAGAINSTLEADNOT | INTOTEMPTATION | BUT | DELIVER | FROM | EVIL

BY AUTHOR

Sally ThomasLEAD
Stacy TrasancosTEMPTATION
Brandon VogtARTAS IT IS
Wellness MamaBREAD
Kate WickerDAILY
MeOURTHYCOMEDONEONDAYOURTRESPASSESTHOSEAGAINSTINTO, BUT, FROM

I hope your Advent is off to a great start!

9 Responses to “The Our Father, Word by Word – a roundup of posts!”
  1. Kimberlie says:

Thank you to one and all for your generous contribution to this series. I truly enjoyed it!
    Kimberlie recently posted..7 Quick Takes Vol 27 – Hospital Edition

2. Raymond Koepsell says:

I found this wonderful blog only a month ago, so I missed most of the Word by Word contemplations and meditations on The Lord’s Prayer. Thank you Jennifer for coordinating and contributing, and thanks also to your fellow bloggers. I can’t wait to dig in!! May God bless and keep each of you.

3. MelanieB says:

Thank you again, Jen, for hosting this. It was an honor to contribute. I loved reading everyone’s posts.
    MelanieB recently posted..Glass Flowers, Dead Birds, and Dolly Quilts

4. Kathy Brents says:

When I was a child, my father made me tell him what each line of the Our Father meant before he would let me receive my First Communion. I still think about it that way when I pray it today. This has given me a whole new and deeper perspective on these wondrous words. Thank you Jennifer for this great idea and thank you to everybody who contributed your amazing insights to this project.

5. Hannah says:

What about the “Amen”?

• Aubree says:

And, also what about the “For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory forever.” Is that something only protestants say? Or is it something that got “tacked on” centuries later that you just didn’t include?

6. nancyo says:

What a wonderful idea, Jen, and just think: you finished this epic series in less than a year! It’s inspiring to read the meditations of the different authors; we are truly enriched by their perspectives.
    nancyo recently posted..Pilgrimage Quick Takes

7. Thanks for rounding it all up so neatly, Jen! It was an honor to be a part of it.
    Karen Edmisten recently posted..Did I Really Say, "I Can’t Find My Candy Cane Cookie Cutter!"?

8. Aren’t you glad the translation of the Lord’s Prayer didn’t change? :)

On a more serious note, this feels like something that deserves a collected PDF. I’d be happy to put one together – a word per page, with a list of contributors and their sites at the end. Let me know!
    Joe Wetterling recently posted..Fuller Participation and Liturgical Song