Big news, and a TRAILER!

Here it is, the official trailer for Minor Revisions, the program that critics are calling the most thrilling docu-reality special involving someone whose name rhymes with Schmennifer Schmulwiler:

And some huge news: The show has been picked up by the Verizon FiOS network, and will be available as an on-demand show to their 3.5 million subscribers! Whoo-hoo! (If you’re not a Verizon subscriber, the show will still air on the NET channel in New York, and will be streamed live online for anyone with an internet connection.)

I AM SO EXCITED. It’s turning out so well, with very little credit due to me. Let me tell you about the inspiring people behind the scenes:

The prospect of creating programming that is both genuinely entertaining AND faithfully Catholic is a daunting task. How do you put together a reality show that’s fun to watch without resorting to lewd behavior? How do you keep things interesting when your protagonist only occasionally drinks wine straight from the bottle while dancing on tables? The producer and the other folks at NET brought a ton of energy and passion to this challenge, and I am amazed at how well they’ve tackled it. Thanks to their experience, professionalism, and dedication, they’ve managed to take a few dozen hours of footage of my life and make something that is actually super fun to watch!

The first episode of Minor Revisions airs THURSDAY, DECEMBER 13, at 8/7c.

Plan to grab some snacks, some friends, and the beverage of your choice, and join me online for a little virtual viewing party! I’m not going to get a sneak preview of the final product, so I’ll be watching it for the first time right along with you guys! (Expect more than a few tweets like, “OH MY GOSH WHY DIDN’T THEY TELL ME MY HAIR WAS DOING THAT?!” and, “Oh…I didn’t realize the mic was on there.” I may make #mortified a trending topic, from my own tweets alone.) Yes, I’m slightly nervous about how it’s all going to turn out, but it’ll be fun since I’ll have you guys watching it with me…right?…right?

For more updates (with the occasional oddly juxtaposed shots from here at serene Mt. Angel Abbey), you can follow me on Twitter.

73 Responses to “Big news, and a TRAILER!”
  1. Morgan says:

I am so excited!!! Hopefully episodes will be available online too??
    Morgan recently posted..quick takes (12)

• I actually don’t know if they’ll be *archived* online, but they will be broadcast live online when they air on NET. Thanks for the kind words!!

• Judy Dudich says:

This trailer is just like you: AWESOME!
        Please give those of us who have trouble finding streaming-links-and-loading-things a direct url to watch LIVE online…please? THANKS!

• Roz says:

Please make sure (very, very sure) there’s archival access somewhere — anywhere. I don’t have a DVR for my computer and I will pound my head against the wall if I miss this. Or worse. I may mail you a scorpion.

• Mary Silva says:

RIGHT!!!
      …when I get home from choir practice, we will watch… and read your tweets too! We will pray it continues as a tremendous blessing to your family. We are thankful for your authentic, catholic voice and for sharing yourself and your family so generously.

2. Lynn says:

I’m in for the viewing party. Can I sign up to bring the martinis?

3. Ann-Marie says:

I love, love, love that scorpions made the trailer!
    Ann-Marie recently posted..Bruno and Katie’s Wedding

4. Jessica says:

This totally made my morning. Squeeee!
    Jessica recently posted..Happy Things {v.14}

5. Martha says:

This is so awesome Jennifer and we’ll definitely be watching in VA! Congratulations!

6. Meredith says:

Jen, this looks amazing! Although we have never met in person, you sound just like what I imagined, and the children are precious. (Scorpion, not so much. Eek!)

7. Mary says:

Awesomeness. So excited. I need to figure out how to watch online as well since we don’t have cable or FIOS!! I’m totally in for a viewing party. It might make me actually use my Twitter account.

8. Kat L says:

Aaahhh, love seeing the kids! The little eating one is hilarious!

9. I can’t wait to go home from work to watch this trailer!! I am so excited and need to figure out how to watch the show (we have basic cable and a slooooow internet connection). I might just have to beg a friend with FIOS to have a “Minor Revisions” party and invite me over!!
    Colleen Martin recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: The Raking of the Leaves

10. I am looking forward to watching!

Love the addition of the scorpions. :0)
    Paul Forgette recently posted..My Slow Takes (Vol. 73)

11. I couldn’t catch all the words as my children were screaming in the background as I watched, but the footage looks good…and my favorite line that I did catch through the chaos was that you’ve been surrounded by life since you’ve become Catholic. That was a great line for a trailer. Can’t wait to watch.
    Amy@Diapeepees recently posted..The Beauty of a Boring Saturday

12. I really hope I get to watch it! I’m usually not home at that time, but we can always hope. I love that scorpions made it into the show!

13. So excited, Jen! It’s always fun getting a look into another blogger/mom’s life! I will be watching right along side of you.
    Jenna@CallHerHappy recently posted..30 Days of Thanks & Link Up

14. Claire says:

Brilliant!! Hopefully I will be able to tune over here!!

15. Elizabeth says:

Very exciting. You’re a brave woman.

16. Larissa says:

I am so ridiculously excited for this it’s unreal!

17. Jenny says:

You are so adorable! And props for not dropping an f bomb on the arachnid. Or perhaps just a good edit…
    Jenny recently posted..For My Mama

18. Ana Hahn says:

You are a rockstar!! I am so excited about this!
    Ana Hahn recently posted..a decent substitute

19. Delanom says:

Looks really fun. Very cool to see Fr. Jonathan on there too! We’ll be sure to watch.
    Delanom recently posted..{ Grave Marker, Friends, Politics and Grace }

20. Nancy says:

Waaahh — we don’t have cable! Please keep us posted on other ways to watch. It’s fun to hear your voice, and see your husband too. :)

21. Skywalker says:

Can you provide a link on where to watch online?

22. Kelly M. says:

I will be watching….the show, the show. I’m not like, peering in your window right now. I hope you make all us homeschooling mother’s of five look like we got our act together. Then I can just tell curious (aka nosey folks), “Yeah, go watch ‘minor revisions’. That’s how things are around here except we have bats instead of scorpions.”
    Kelly M. recently posted..{WIWS} Glamming It Up For Martinmas

23. Leila says:

This is so stinking exciting!!!
    Leila recently posted..Just Curious: Your hobbies

24. Theresa in Alberta says:

I can’t wait to watch, but your kids are too CUTE!!!

25. Jane Hartman says:

Absolutely awesome!

26. richard says:

Looking forward to view this.

27. Kristin says:

I want to watch! I need instructions! like …. here’s the web address, here’s how to log in …. :-)

Very excited & I’ll be passing this along.

28. Ashley says:

So excited to watch!

29. Melissa says:

Yes! So happy for you and excited to watch. You look and sound great!

30. Jen I just watched this 5 times so I caught every detail!!!!

Kel
    Kelly the Kitchen Kop recently posted..Real Food Wednesday 11/14/2012

31. Aileen says:

I cannot wait!!! Omg I’m so excited! And your kids are adorable!!!

32. boomama says:

I am just thrilled to pieces for you.
    boomama recently posted..A Favorite Wonder Of The World

33. Ginny Jaques says:

A great looking trailer, and it captures “YOU” to t “T.” This will be a great read.

34. SOOOOO excited! I put it on my calendar, and I’m *quite* sure my husband’s eye-rolling about the “Jen Fulwiler reality show” will reach a max around…tomorrow. :)
    Sarah Reinhard recently posted..Weekly Giveaway: More Advent!

35. I am SO EXCITED about this!!!! And I will be passing on the info to EVERYONE :) What a great encouragement to my Catholic friends especially, and the young adults in the parishes where I have served. Yay!
    Christine Dalessio recently posted..Disney, Kenosis and Ephesians 5

36. MarytheDefender says:

I’dd love to watch this! But I’m from the Philippines… NET has live streaming right? Is that 8pm central? What time would that show for the Hong Kong timezone? Is central time 12 hours apart?

37. Mary says:

Yay! Jennifer! :-)

38. Ann says:

congratulations! I don’t have FIOS but will try to figure out a way to watch online. Can I ask what seems like an obvious question: how does an introvert do a reality show?? Was it painful? You look very composed in the clip!

39. Dr. Guy McClung says:

This is such a fraud!…She cannot be real …and for sure she is renting those 5 adorable kids all for show…..Can’t someone tell her POPULATION EXPLOSION? This cannot be in Austin Land of Liberals.. It is not possible for this “character” to live let alone survive in Travis County, Land of the Weird and Home of the Crazed. She must be a Hollywood actress – perhaps orphaned child of Lucille Ball?…who can’t get a good gig in a PG13 movie. And how about the rent-a-husband actor? He actually looks almost real. And those scenes in the minivan….bet someone helped strap the kids in for her. Now I am going to be forced to watch this Unreality Sitcom! All joking aside, Schmenniffer Schmulwiler, or whoever you are, God bless you and keep you…….this incredible example and witness will bear fruit………….and might just upset the fruits in Austin. You go girl!

40. Becky says:

Finally–something good to watch on TV!!! Thank you!!
    Becky recently posted..Victorious

41. Lisa V. says:

I am over the top excited for you! And the trailer is AWESOME. I will have to watch it on NET. How refreshing I know it will be compared to Jon & Kate Plus Eight which I did watch but was always slightly uncomfortable with the way the relationship between Jon & Kate was portrayed. After the 2-3 years I’ve been following your blog it will be so nice to see you live out your life with your husband, children and faith. Can’t wait to meet the kids! (Oh no! It won’t be available as archive online??? That might be a problem. What mom watches tv when shows are actually on? Well I’ll cross my fingers and hope I can somehow figure out a way to catch it “live”.)

42. Carlo says:

Is there any way for the non-NY, non-FiOS crowed to gain access to this series? Will it be on netflix or any such thing? I’m very interested in watching a faithful reality series like this, but sadly I’m out of luck in so far as getting it on my TV.

43. MelanieB says:

Why did I think you’d said the scorpions hadn’t managed to make an appearance?

This looks absolutely awesome. I can’t wait.
    MelanieB recently posted..ONE LORD JESUS CHRIST: Professing the Creed for the Year of Faith

44. campfiregirl says:

Please, please be careful Jennifer. Your blog has been a portal for converts for years. What better way to lose your testimony than by succumbing to one of the oldest tricks in the book: hubris. And you have no control over final editing??

“I want to make something of myself. I believe it’s called a statue.
” – Jarod Kintz

Daily Inoculation Litany of Humility: http://www.ecatholic2000.com/pray/prayer18.shtml

• NET says:

Hello campfiregirl,

Our network approached Jen with the idea for the show and we agreed from the start that we would make sure the object was not to glorify or exploit people, but to really make a show where modern Catholic culture would be the central focus and “star”.

Just as some priests, news anchors, and tv/radio personalities are representatives of their faith in the media world, Jen is in our eyes, one of the many ambassadors for the lay-Catholic crowd — a humble person with honest struggles, good humor, and a genuine faith. We are thankful for her sharing her life so openly with us, and grateful that we were able to work with her and her family on this series to give others a glimpse into an example of how Catholic culture is alive and growing in one small corner of the world.

Please join us in our prayer for quality television and art in response to Blessed JPII’s Letter to Artists: http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/letters/documents/hf_jp-ii_let_23041999_artists_en.html

Thank you!

– The MR Producers
      New Evangelization Television (NET)

45. anna lisa says:

If it ever gets a little too squeaky clean, you can send the crew over to follow my Catholic teens and twenties, that are past the sweet, sheltered stage.

Here are a couple of teasers from last weekend:

“And then we got to the Halloween party with people from my school. *(as opposed to the party in the city where she left her phone in the taxi, because duh, Ariel costumes don’t have pockets)

“… We got there so late they were all high already. One of them was playing the guitar and another was actually singing along like a bird”
    (sweet child #3, age 19, just left home on full scholarship to art school)

or

“Mom, can you help me with my eyeliner?”

(sweet child #1, son, aged 25)

*on helping him with his 80s punk rock get up)

“Oh sweetie, that was a late night for a Sunday, how was the office party?”

“Great! It ended around ten, so we went out clubbing.”

“Oh really? Where?”

“First the Savoy where one of the guys from the Dallas office ordered bottle service, but that was dead so we went to The Wildcat, which was awesome–It was AWESOME cause it was gay night so I practically had all the pretty girls to myself.”

“GAYNIGHT?? Did you get hit on??”

“Yeah, but only three times.”

*****

Like I said, send em over to my place if you want to mix it up a bit.

46. Tony de New York says:

Great news!!

47. Ashley says:

Love the trailer! I hope the episodes are available online.
    Ashley recently posted..Texas

48. mandamum says:

yay yay yay looking forward to it! I hope you’re enjoying your NW time :)

49. I am absolutely thrilled about this!!!!!!!! :)

50. Ben says:

Jennifer,
    Been reading some of your articles via NewAdvent.org for awhile but a line you wrote wanted me to point something out in case you haven’t heard… The line was

“How do you put together a reality show that’s fun to watch without resorting to lewd behavior?”

Yes, that question may have been marketing and I’ll most definitely watch, but the answer is also “Alfred Hitchcock was a devout Catholic, watch his movies”

The only one where Catholicism us “in you face” is one called “I Confess”, still a great film, but in every… single… one… A strong Catholic principal ALWAYS reigns– that the villain brings on their own demise…

God

Loves

JUSTICE!!!!

Praying for you!!
    Ben

51. Andrea says:

So exciting, Jennifer! Congratulations!
    Andrea recently posted..10 years

52. Gina says:

What a cool-looking show!

53. Andrea says:

Oh yay this is going to be so much fun! I can’t WAIT!!!!

54. ann says:

“Suddenly I was surrounded by life…” is my favorite quote. I’m looking forward to watching more :)

55. Clara says:

Yay!! I am so excited to watch the show. And you follow your twitter feed the night of the show. ;)

favorite quote: “…it’s as if I’m finally living now…my life has finally started.” (on becoming Catholic). I an relate to that.

56. Catherine says:

Jennifer – Congratulations!!! I cannot wait to watch this! As so many have said before, thank you so very much for sharing your words and your life with us! You are an inspiration. May God continue to bless you and your precious family.

57. Marissa Nichols says:

Awesome! Scorpions..(shudder)….this show has it all!

58. Lisa G says:

I LOVE THE TRAILER!!!! I can’t wait to see it. I hope there are some online options to watch?!
    Lisa G recently posted..7 Quick Takes (#40)

59. Because the admin of this site is working, no doubt very
    rapidly it will be renowned, due to its quality contents.
    grandzhan.com recently posted..grandzhan.com