An urgent apology about the content of Minor Revisions

minor revisions fulwiler An urgent apology about the content of Minor RevisionsSoooo…I got a sneak preview of the first episode last night. And I now know what will be in the other two episodes, even if I haven’t seen them yet. Thus it has come to my attention that there has been a huge oversight in the show’s production. I have had many urgent conversations with the executive producer and have sent out a flurry of emails, and, alas, I fear there is nothing left for me to do but to apologize for this grievous error:

My husband does not wear his banana suit at any point in the show.

“How could you have done this?!” you shriek hysterically. I know. I’m sorry. I don’t know how we missed it. You think you have all the bases covered. You think you’ve dotted all your i‘s and crossed each t. And then you get the final cut, and can only barely stave off the feelings of failure and despair as you realize that there’s nary a banana suit to be found in any of the footage.

To help us all through this time of trial, I present to you the top 10 reasons you might still want to watch Minor Revisions, even though it is a no-banana-suit show:

The Top 10 Reasons You Might Still Want to Watch Minor Revisions, Even Though It Is a No-Banana-Suit Show

10. I do a dramatic rendition of comments from my YouTube haters.

minor revisions ss5 An urgent apology about the content of Minor Revisions

9. We announce the gender of this sixth baby! Our first child was a boy, and the last four have been girls. The last time I had a baby boy I was an atheist who lived in a loft downtown. It would be totally surreal to have a boy after four girls in a row. You’ll find out by watching the show (in Episode 2, I think) whether we finally got another boy or if we’re about to have our fifth girl in a row!

8. A brilliant philosophy professor gives me advice about explaining faith to atheists from a philosophical perspective. Anyone with atheist or agnostic loved ones will enjoy hearing what Professor Rob Koons has to say on this topic.

minor revisions ss7 An urgent apology about the content of Minor Revisions

7. My five-year-old daughter says the cutest thing ever. It is a testament to the producer’s eye for great content that she put this in the first few minutes of Episode 1. While I was helping my little girl get her “mystery can” show-and-tell item ready for Mother’s Day Out, I asked her what clue we could write up that would help her classmates guess that it was a toy pony in the can. Her response was one of those utterly precious and hilarious one-in-a-thousand moments.

minor revisions ss3 An urgent apology about the content of Minor Revisions

6. The Adult Education Director at our parish shares his jaw-dropping story of being a border-town heroin addict and dealer who was healed through the power of prayer. You really have to hear this to believe it. I was wiping tears out of my eyes as he told his story of deliverance from a life of addiction and crime; 30 years later, he’s one of the holiest, most devout people I’ve ever met. It’s one of the most amazing testaments I’ve ever heard to the fact that nothing is impossible with God.

5. I talk with a pro-life obstetrician about what it’s like to be a doctor standing for life in the culture of death. While I was at the Vitae Clinic for an ultrasound, I had an inspiring conversation with Dr. Jeremy Kalamarides about his 100% pro-life medical practice, as well as the important work he’s doing offering his services to women in crisis pregnancies.

minor revisions ss6 An urgent apology about the content of Minor Revisions

4. We visit Abby Johnson‘s house, and she shares a chilling story about her work at Planned Parenthood. She and I talked about a lot of things, including her important new foundation, but there was one moment when she was talking about her days as the director of an abortion clinic where I literally got goosebumps from head to toe.

minor revisions ss2 An urgent apology about the content of Minor Revisions

3. You get to hear Joe’s take on our conversions. Even if he’s not wearing his banana suit, some folks might find it interesting to hear what Joe has to say about our conversions and our unexpected foray into big family life.

minor revisions ss1 An urgent apology about the content of Minor Revisions

2. My dad and I talk about atheism, my childhood, and my conversion. In Episode 1 I have a long chat with my dad about why he doesn’t believe in God, and he gives his honest opinion about what he thinks about my conversion to Catholicism.

1. I get huge news about the book. Notice I haven’t been using my blog as an outlet for my never-ending writer angst lately? That’s because something happened, and I’ve been waiting to tell you until you can see it in the show! I love it that you can actually “be there” for this one, instead of just having to read long and whiney posts about it on my blog. I will admit that this is the scene I’m most concerned about. I ended up crying — like, sobbing, can’t-talk, ogre-crying — and I’m mortified in advance about having this aired on national television. I haven’t seen the clip yet, so I don’t yet know how utterly embarrassing it is on a scale of 1 – 10. If I suddenly shut down my blog and leave a note saying that I moved to a desert cave shortly before the airing of Episode 3, you’ll know it’s a 10.

So, are you ready to watch it? The first episode airs this Thursday, December 13, at 8 PM EST / 7 PM CST. The other two episodes will air on December 20 and January 10 at the same time. Anyone with an internet connection can watch it — you just have to pull up the station’s live feed at http://netny.net/watch-now/ during the time that it airs. (It won’t be archived online, so the best way to catch it is live. More details and viewing options here.)

I’ll be hosting a little Twitter party while the show airs, so be sure to join me over there. I’ll offer some behind-the-scenes stories and ask you why my hair is doing that. If you want to see what others are saying, follow the hashtag #MinorRevisions.

Here’s the trailer again for those who haven’t seen it. (And, again, sorry about the banana suit.)

28 Responses to “An urgent apology about the content of Minor Revisions”
  1. Deanna says:

All great reasons to watch!
    Deanna recently posted..Christmas Adam, What’s it all about?

2. Meghan says:

Shoot, that is the exact time of my son’s Christmas program at school :( It sounds great. I really hope to catch the archives! Best Wishes on the show….and everything else!

3. Calah says:

I really hope maybe the Ogre will consider buying a TV so we can watch your show! So awesome. Way to go!
    Calah recently posted..More Humble Freaking Pie

4. I *love* the “my life has finally started” comment! You spoke what my heart’s been saying for years since I met my hubby. Was raised Catholic, fell away, went to Lutheran church for a while as I wound myself back to God. Met my hubby – who is the middle son of a never-truly-retired Pentecostal pastor – and my life went from liberal, public school teaching, independent, only child of a single, divorced mother to a conservative, homeschooling, Biblically-submitted stay at home mom! LOL
    Beth/Mom2TwoVikings recently posted..Wordless Wednesday

5. Michelle says:

OH my! I am excited to find out the gender of your baby! yOu know, we had three girls in a row and then 2 boys in a row…I am also excited to figure out if we get a third boy in a row or another girl (my girls are all pulling for a baby girl, fwiw).

I have got to find out if I get this channel!!!
    Michelle recently posted..7 Quick Takes – 35

6. La Gallina says:

I can’t wait to see it !!! It has been so fun to watch your life change since I first found your blog in the summer of 2007!

7. That’s a lot packed into 3 shows! Don’t know if I’ll get to see it live. I’ll be home, but it doesn’t sound very family friendly (“Mommy, what’s heroine?”), and my four boys will surely want to hang around me at the computer. Congratulations!
    Connie Rossini recently posted..Peter Rabbit and the fall of man

8. JoeG says:

I posted a youtube video of me dancing and shut off the comments. I have no need to hear back from the trolls :-). Yeah, your haters make the predictable comments. I love how they accuse theists of being uneducated and/or stupid while posting massive grammatical and spelling errors.

9. Kara says:

WOW! I can’t wait!!
    Kara recently posted..7 Quick Takes

10. Elizabeth M says:

Tom and I are looking forward to this!

Question though — do you know if there’s a specific time window when it will be available via Verizon FIOS On Demand? Just in case life gets in the way and we can’t stream it live, we at least have the On Demand option. You know, as long as we don’t miss that too!

11. I am 50% sure that the baby is a boy!
    priest’s wife (@byzcathwife) recently posted..Christmastime Confessions from Priest’s Wife

12. Well, I guess I’ll still watch…

Just warned the hubs that the tv is alllll minnnnne tomorrow!
    Jenna@CallHerHappy recently posted..December at CatholicMom.com

13. Kate R says:

I was so glued to this post that I got a frustrated comment from my husband who was doing everything toddler/diaper/breakfast/coffee while I tried to tear myself away. I CANNOT wait!
    Kate R recently posted..Sick Day

14. Clara says:

Really looking forward to this Tonight! I will tune in live on-line. But I wish they would archive the show to watch again later.

15. Susan says:

Wait! Why are you not on the schedule? I really wanted to watch… =[

16. Amity says:

What Susan said!

17. Clara says:

Minor Revisions is not on the live feed… what gives???? I’m using the link provided: http://netny.net/watch-now/

Help! I want to watch.

18. Susan says:

I don’t have a Twitter…can someone tweet Jen?

19. Julie says:

Yes, ditto Clara, Susan and Amity. Where is it? It’s supposed to be now right? Not on the feed and not on the schedule?!

20. Angela Bashaw says:

It’s on now!!!!

21. Elizabeth says:

Does anyone else want to kill the buffering? Or is it just my computer that hates this channel?
    Elizabeth recently posted..A Re-post of last year’s St. Nicholas Day post.

• Susan says:

It’s making me nuts! And so do the commercials…

• Lindsey says:

Okay, so it’s not just me and my computer/internet connection! Wow, I am watching the show about 3 words at a time. I wish they could stream better than this! I would LOVE to see this show without interruptions (I could even put up with the commercials, but the constant blips…!) My archdiocese has streamed a few things live (an ordination, etc) and it was nothing like this!

I’m LOVING the content Jen, and want to recommend it to friends locally (including non-Catholic Christian family who live in Austin). But unless the streaming quality improves, I don’t think they’d want to watch. :o/

I’m in Houston and love that this show is Texan and Catholic. Double-yay. :)

22. johnnyc says:

The Legendary Otis Redding! Very cool.

And I enjoyed the show.

23. amazing must i enjoy Cheap Hermes Bags for Sale http://hermes-bags-118.webs.com! i get a bleak,blue,black color, brownish, and saying try so i enjoy these! through experience i develop the black color knit as well as black and black color baily switch, we have about 8 pairs associated with Cheap Hermes Bags for Sale http://hermes-bags-118.webs.com! enjoy these .. however they ought to go right down found in price tag some!