Minor Revisions, Episode 2, will (AMAZINGLY) air tonight!

I got a call from the Minor Revisions producer yesterday in which she said ominously, “There’s a problem with Episode 2.”

Without going into detail, suffice it to say that an unbelievable number of things went wrong while they were trying to put together the second episode, stopping just short of a flaming meteor crashing into the NET studios. Pulling it together has been so down to the wire that the production team is scrambling to get the show “put to tape” as I write this, less than four hours before airtime. I picture a scene from a movie where the final commercial before show time is drawing to a close, people are running through the office barking orders at one another, everyone panicking, and finally the producer emerges with a VHS tape, sprints across the hall, knocks down an intern, jumps over a chair, and jams the tape into the master player with 0:02 left until showtime. (…Which shows you how dated my movie references are that I’m picturing VHS tapes.)

As harrowing as it’s been not knowing if the show would air tonight or not, it’s also been awesome to be around this kind of energy. If I had dealt with about 1/10th of what the producer has been through this week, I would have given up in despair and kissed the deadline goodbye days ago, consoling myself with a series of cryptic, self-pitying tweets. But the team at NET is on fire with passion about creating great content and getting the job done, even in the face of one setback after another. They pushed through. They refused to give up. And Episode 2 will air as scheduled. (Details below.)

No matter what happens with this show, I will always treasure the experience of being part of this team!

* * *

Minor Revisions, Episode 2
Airs tonight (Thursday) at 8 PM EST / 7 PM CST
You can watch it online here
#MinorRevisions

UPDATE: It may be delayed due to the glitches I mentioned above, but it will air. It is possible that it could be on as late as 9 PM EST / 8 PM CST.

In this episode I chat with Abby Johnson, get potty training advice from Yaya, and we find out the gender of the baby!

If you missed Episode 1, you can watch the full thing here. (Due to contractual obligations beyond our control, it’s not clear whether Episode 2 will also be able to be archived for viewing later.) Hopefully the streaming issues we had last time will be worked out now; it all depends on server load. Know that the folks at NET are doing everything they can to make it a great viewing experience!

20 Responses to “Minor Revisions, Episode 2, will (AMAZINGLY) air tonight!”
  1. Oh, yay! I enjoyed it last week, crazy last-minute streaming issues and all :) It was fun to see you actually TALKING. And seeing one of those fearsome scorpions I thankfully don’t encounter in my every day life :)
    Anne @ Modern Mrs Darcy recently posted..Two DIYs Worth Doing

2. Le@h says:

Praying that ep2 will be archived!!! It’s the only way we’ll get to see it over here in Northern Ireland, due to the time difference. :-/

3. Dun dun dun dun dun DUN! (that’s the sound of my girls and me doing a conga line through our house)
    Dwija {House Unseen} recently posted..Way too many pictures, trust me {p.h.f.r.)

4. Veronica says:

It doesn’t surprise me in the least that the episode with Abby Johnson is being faced with so many setbacks before being aired. I think the folks at Net.tv are under spiritual attack, which means they are doing lots of good. :)

Keep up the good work! By the way, I think you’re expecting a boy.

5. Considerer says:

Day too early to be breaking, innit? Still, I guess it’s 21/12/12 somewhere by now…
    Considerer recently posted..‘Aha’ moments

6. Becky says:

I have been trying to get it for over an hour. I have got a rerun of the first one, and lots of commercials, but no episode two. Will they put it on YouTube like the first one?

7. Bonnie says:

(9;18 pm) I was watching Episode 2 and at 9:16 it suddenly switched to another program (about Christamas carols.) Don’t know if it will come back or not.

8. Just finished watching episode 2…it was awesome! So glad to find out the baby’s gender (I won’t ruin it for the others!)
    Colleen Martin recently posted..Christmas Morning Through the Years

9. Julie says:

Yea! Great episode 2. Played beautifully for me online this time. Time to get the kids to bed–I let them stay up a little later than usual so I could watch. ;)

10. Bonnie says:

Yep, it came back. Just finished watching. Really like the show. And so happy with the news of the baby. Thanks for letting us see the ultrasound. That was so awesome! God bless, Jen.

11. Joy says:

Darn, I missed it again!!! Aaaah!!!!! Must. Know. What. You’re. Having…
    Joy recently posted..True Love’s Kiss

12. Cassi says:

Really hope it ends up on YouTube too! Since I totally missed the air time.

13. Adrian G says:

I missed this as well. I’d love to see it. I had to shop then sleep. It’s on at 1am/2am over here (uk)!
    Adrian G recently posted..So this is what the other half do?

14. Meghan says:

I tried to stay awake really really late, but (as a few others mentioned earlier) the viewing time in Europe is just really not ideal. Here’s to hoping it appears on youtube!
    Meghan recently posted..Shopping Duty Free!

15. Shannon says:

I missed it :( Please let us know if they put it on youtube!

16. Martha says:

Ditto! I missed it, too! It must be archived!!! So glad they let us watch Episode 1 that way! Beg and plead. Please?!

17. Jane Hartman says:

Could someone archive this? I would love to watch Episode 2 and 3, but I fear I won’t be able to catch them at the exact time.

18. Julie S. says:

Please have it on YouTube! Loved Ep 1!

19. Nada Z. says:

so inspiring. fresh. funny. Thank you and God bless, Jennifer! Praying for ep 2, 3.