Update from the hospital

Hi, everyone! As you may have heard, on Wednesday I was diagnosed with pulmonary embolisms. I was hospitalized and released last night, but am unfortunately back in the hospital now, with no idea when I’ll be released this time.

Joe and I both wanted to apologize that we haven’t replied to many of the kind notes from folks offering to help. Things have been so crazy that it’s hard to stay on top of emails and texts, but the main problem is that we just don’t have many answers. The situation keeps changing from hour to hour, so we’re not sure what we need when. Be assured, though, that we will ask for help if and when we could use it — I’ve learned the hard way that declining assistance when you need it doesn’t do anyone any favors.

While I’m waiting for my next round of tests, I’ll share a few details of the past few days courtesy of my tablet and the hospital’s free WiFi:

• I had started having shortness of breath issues in early December, but it got bad the day after Christmas. I just thought I’d gotten out of shape or something.
  • Since I was also well into the second trimester (I’m 24 weeks now) I thought it could be normal pregnancy breathlessness.
  • I went in for a routine OB checkup on Wednesday. I told my doctor about the shortness of breath and asked to have my iron levels checked. He noticed that I was struggling to breathe just sitting there having a conversation with him, and said, “That’s not anemia. Go to the ER. Now.”
  • A CT scan showed multiple pulmonary embolisms in both lungs.
  • I am homozygous for the Factor II clotting disorder, so we knew clots were a risk.
  • I was taking Lovenox as a preventative measure, though I had missed a few doses due to holiday craziness. Oddly, I had accidentally missed plenty of doses in other pregnancies too, and it was never an issue. The only thing different this time is that I was taking the new generic brand.
  • My Lovenox dose was doubled to treat the clots. They didn’t want to do a follow up CT scan to avoid exposing the baby to more radiation. I was released last night even though the clots are still there, since things seemed to be stabilizing.
  • This morning I had severe shortness of breath, back pain, and a heart rate of 131, so, long story short, I ended up back in the ER and now back in the hospital.
  • Our priest came to the hospital to give me the Anointing of the Sick, and I was able to make a confession and receive the Eucharist as well. It’s impossible to describe the impact that had on my wellbeing. I am so, so grateful for our priests.

And that’s all I know. Now I’m lying here in a hospital bed with an IV and about a thousand wires connected to me, waiting for the OB and the hematologist to figure out what to do next. With all the decisions, we need to weigh benefits to my health to risks to the baby, so it takes a while to figure everything out.

As I said, everything changes every few minutes, so things are very much in flux. I’ll update here or on Twitter as I’m able. Thank you so much for your prayers and support!

Oh, and on a brighter note: for those of you who missed the announcement in the last Minor Revisions episode, the baby is a BOY!

179 Responses to “Update from the hospital”
  1. Gina says:

It’s GOOD to hear from you!! But please don’t worry about responding to anything — just focus on rest and recovery! God bless and keep you and the little one.

2. nancyo says:

We just offered our nightly rosary for you and the baby, Jen. I’m glad you have some peace of mind; those sacraments are powerful!
    nancyo recently posted..Quick Takes: Cathedral Light Shows

3. Carey says:

Praying for you and your little one!!

4. Manda says:

I am just catching up on all this. I am so sorry you are not well! I will be praying for you, for your baby, and for your family during this scary and difficult time. xo
    Manda recently posted..Breakable/breaking

5. Get well soon!
    suburbancorrespondent recently posted..Anniversary Intrigue

6. Maryann says:

My husband and I are praying for you and your baby boy.

7. Jim says:

Very good to hear from you. Prayers, best wishes, and get well soon!

8. bearing blog says:

So glad to hear from you. I’ve been checking Twitter all day.
    bearing blog recently posted..I am hiding in my room to write this post.

9. Lisette says:

Jennifer, you and your little one are in my prayers. God bless you.
    Lisette recently posted..Happy St. Nicholas Day!

10. Stephanie says:

Oh, Jen. You and your baby–and your whole family–are in my prayers. Praying that God gives wisdow to your doctors, strength to your family, and peace to you.
    Stephanie recently posted..Frosted window panes…

11. Permit me to add yet another message of prayers for a swift and thorough recovery for you, that will enable you to be the best possible ciborium for your newest.
    That you would consider continuing to communicate with your readership while enduring your present ordeal is a testimony to your devotion to the New Evangelization–specifically the part where “God works all things unto good for those who love Him” (Rom 8).
    Fr. Christopher M. Zelonis recently posted..Reading "The Wreck," Stanza 11

12. Grace says:

Wow, thanks for the update! Still will be praying for you
    Grace recently posted..New Year’s Resolution: Peace

13. Laura says:

Praying for you and that sweet baby boy!

14. Rebecca says:

We are praying for you and baby, of course, but are also praying for your doctors, that they have the wisdom to know what to do.

15. Leslie says:

We are praying for you, your baby boy, and your family.

16. Marcy K. says:

Continuing to pray for you all. Especially to St. Michael!

17. Brooke says:

We are praying for you and your beautiful family! Thanks for the update!

18. Marisa says:

Thank you for updating us! You and your sweet baby boy (yay!!! I missed the announcement! Congratulations!) are in my prayers.
    Marisa recently posted..7 Quick Takes Friday

19. Julie says:

Thank you for the update. Though we’ve never met, your writing has touched my life. We’re praying for you.

20. Megan says:

St. Michael the Archangel, protect Jen and precious baby in battle. Sts. Gerard, Gianna, and Mother Mary hold them close and send your prayers. Guardian angels, surround them with safety and protection. Holy Spirit, fill the doctors with wisdom and understanding, guide their decisions and hands to bring your healing quickly. Lord or hosts, hold them all in your loving arms!
    Megan recently posted..Happy Engage-iversary!

21. Catherine says:

Praying for you, Jen!

22. Leanne says:

I don’t have words, but I’ll be praying for you!
    Leanne recently posted..Saint for the year…

23. Abigail says:

Our family is holding you in our prayers. So excited for your news of another boy (our son is jealous). Please do rest and know that you have so many praying for you all hours of the day and night.
    Abigail recently posted..More Finger Puppets

24. Anne says:

So good to hear from you–I’ve been checking all day. Prayers continue.
    Anne

25. Erin says:

All I’ve got are prayers!
    Erin recently posted..7 Quick Takes, Chapter 19

26. Rita Rossini says:

Praying for you and baby boy. Praying for all your doctors- for wisdom. And for your family at home.
    Blessings- rita

27. Andy Meadows says:

Prayers for peace and courage for you and Joe and prayers for wisdom for your doctors and staff.

28. You have been in my thoughts and prayers these past few days. Sorry to hear you are back in the hospital :( BUT, congrats on another boy! I bet your oldest is thrilled!
    Heather’s Hodgepodge recently posted..Weeks in Review, Part I

29. Smoochagator says:

Take care and keep us updated! I will be praying for you.
    Smoochagator recently posted..Old and New

30. Dear Jennifer;
    I’m so sorry to hear of these problems. I will ask our blessed Mother to care for you and your wee baby. Please know that we love you and want you to get better soon. Lorraine (in Canada)

31. jen ambrose says:

Praying for you!

32. Mary says:

Praying for strength and healing for you and your family Jennifer! God bless!

33. Isis says:

Prayer warriors here for you and your baby…..
    Isis recently posted..7 quick takes Vol 12

34. Kathy says:

Our family is praying for you, your family and your little one. I have the same condition as you, although I never ended up with a pulmonary embolism. I know all too well those Lovenox shots. Truly lifting you up in prayer!

35. Erika says:

Many prayers for you. It sounds scary but I know God is at work here. Peace for you and your family. <3
    Erika recently posted..Blogging once again

36. Mary Ann says:

We will be praying. Thank you for reminding me how great it is to be Catholic

37. michele says:

Many prayers for you! I’m in my first trimester and struggling with hyperemesis gravidarum (basically severe morning sickness) but being able to know I can offer some of this suffering for you and your little one has kept me going! I will keep praying for you both!

38. boomama says:

Praying for you, Jennifer – and for that precious baby boy, too!
    boomama recently posted..Bless It

39. Kerry Wolf says:

Jen I am so very sorry to hear this! We will all be praying for you and the baby, as well as your family and your doctors! Please take it easy, don’t fear. I will pray for the intercession of St Gianna Mottolla for you!

Kerry Wolf

40. Christina says:

Jen, you have been in my thoughts and prayers and continue to be. It was great to see an update. Although we have never met , your writing has had a great impact on my faith. I was so excited when I was watching Minor Revisions and learned you are having a boy. Congratulations! Praying you get lots of rest and are feeling much better soon. Also praying for the doctors as they care for you and your sweet baby boy.

41. Leslie says:

I’m am just catching up here and saw you are in the hospital. Count on our prayers!

42. marcia says:

St. Gerard – pray for Jennifer and her little son. St. Gerard is a great intercessor and I am sure the reason why my 9 yo son and I are still here. Love to you sister in Christ – be at peace.

43. Meredith says:

Prayers from Nashville, Jen. I know the hospital can be a lonely place, especially at night; I hope that the idea of all of us holding you and baby in prayer will be a comfort.

Thank goodness the hospital has wi-fi!!!!

44. Jeff Miller says:

This reminds me of St Teresa of Avila, If this is how you treat your frends, no wonder you have so few of them.

45. Joy says:

Oh, goodness, I am praying as I read this!! Hoping for a miraculous healing!!
    Joy recently posted..Once Again

46. Joyce Maynard says:

Jen,

Randy and I will be praying for you. Please know you are in our thoughts. If there is anything we can help with, please let us know. Possibly dinner when you return home. Anything.

47. Janet says:

We’ve been praying for you too! Saint Michael the Archangel,
    defend us in battle;
    be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray:
    and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
    who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.
    Amen.

48. Megan says:

Praying for you!

49. Much prayer for your complete healing, Jen, and for the comfort of your family. Glad to hear from you!

50. Amanda says:

We’ll keep praying for you all!

51. Ethan Williams says:

There is no need to apologize for not responding. Everyone is just wishing you well and concerned for you and the baby. I will keep your whole family in my prayers for vespers.

Tend your sick ones, O Lord Christ.
    Rest your weary ones.
    Soothe your suffering ones.
    Pity your afflicted ones.
    Shield your joyous ones.
    And for all your love’s sake. Amen.

-St. Augustine

52. Lucy says:

Oh My God. Jen, as someone who has a congenital heart defect, and has three children, and who almost died from a spontaneous dissection after the third delivery, I will be keeping you and your baby and your whole family in my prayers. (And just FYI, that link is NOT reassuring, although it is informative – don’t take it down, but HOLY COW!)

PLEASE take care of yourself. Your babies and your husband need you. I’m six and a half years out from the “heart attack” and I’m still seeing why my babies and husband need me – even more than I saw back then. I’m not Catholic, but I am Eastern Orthodox, and as we approach Theophany, we know that the Christ who descended into the waters of baptism also goes with us into the depths of our despair and lostness. You’ve heard the saying, “no matter where you go, there you are,” but really it’s, “no matter where we go, there He is.” Jesus Christ, Son of God, who is everywhere and fills all thing, have mercy.

53. Stephanie says:

I will keep you in my prayers! Your writing has always helped me so much; you are a light to so many people. I will say a rosary for you.

54. tanya says:

Heading to adoration now, will be praying for you and your family.

55. LeAnna says:

My husband & I will be praying for you, your little son, and the rest of your family. May God grant you a speedy and safe recovery!

56. My family and I have been praying for you and your little one, and will continue to do so! I am so glad to hear that you have been given the Anointing of the Sick. I’ve had it a couple times myself, during scary pregnancy complications, and it is such an incredible blessing! We will continue to pray!! God bless!
    Jessica @ Shower of Roses recently posted..A Twelve Days of Christmas Dinner Party on Twelfth Night

57. I can’t believe you’re updating from your hospital bed. Wait…yes I can ;-) You and your baby boy are in our prayers, Jen! God bless you!!!
    Bethany Hudson recently posted..Merry Christmas to All…

58. Scott Alt says:

You are definitely in my prayers, and your family and baby. I’m so sorry to hear about this turn of events but will make your recovery and the health of your child my Mass intention for First Saturday and for the Epiphany. Take care of yourself.
    Scott Alt recently posted..WE AWAIT IN JOYFUL HOPE

59. Melanie B says:

Hi Jen,
    Lying here in my hospital bed and praying for you guys. Offering up some of my pain for you and hoping you are given some of the same consolation that I have received to carry you through this trial.
    Melanie B recently posted..More Lucia

60. Judy says:

Dear Jen, I’ll be praying like mad for you and your family. Thankfully, I’ve a most awesome patron in St. Jude Thaddeus, whose intercession I called upon in the case of my brother’s PE last year. My brother and his goofy sense of humor have both graced the New Year in grand style! Love, Judy

61. Patrick Shanahan says:

My prayers are with you. God speed to you and your sons recovery. God Bless you.

62. Lizzie says:

I’ve been praying for you since I heard about this turn of events- Holy Michael and St Gianna, intercede for Jen

63. Peg says:

Thanks so much for updating us. I pray along with everyone here who posted for you and the baby. I pray for your doctors, too.

64. Stephanie Potter says:

Jen, we are praying our hearts out for you! I’m sure God has incredible plans for you, your family, and this baby.
    Stephanie Potter recently posted..Baby 5: Week 20

65. We are praying…my husband has been taking this very hard as I have Factor V (heterozygous)and although not pregnant now, we were kind of blase when I was. Not anymore! Please know that we are storming heaven and as I did in your last pregnancy I am asking not only St Michael but St Elizabeth Ann Seton for their diving intercessory prayer. Much love from NC!
    Kristen @ St Monica’s Bridge recently posted..Prayer Request Updates

66. La Gallina says:

Jennifer, we are praying for you down here in S. Texas. We love you. We need you. You are an inspiration to us all. Now will you PLEEEEEAAAAAAASE rest. I hate to say it because I miss you when you are quiet, but you have got to take a break. We will be here when you get back:)
    Ave Verum Corpus
    Faith

67. Jessica says:

Oh Jen! I’ve been praying so hard for you and your little baby boy and will continue to do so.
    Jessica recently posted..No, not those Saints.

68. Jen G says:

I’m keeping you and your family in my prayers! I’ve been reading your blog for years. You are an inspiration!

69. Sally Thomas says:

I’m praying for you and your little boy, Jen.
    Sally Thomas recently posted..Just a Friendly Reminder That It Is Still Christmas, Peoples!

70. Mary says:

Prayers coming from Buffalo for you and baby, Jen. May you be completely healed by the Divine Physician!!

71. Pauline says:

Hello Jennifer,

I posted a couple of years ago about health issues and delaying pregnancy/preventing due to serious health problems by getting your progesterone tested. I have been on blood thinners for years. My advice is ALWAYS use name brand on any important meds you are taking. All of my heart and blood thinner meds are name brand. I had heard it for years but have discovered it myself by having problems with generics. The main problem is generic formulations are all slightly different and made by many different manufacturers. My blood levels were all over the place with warfarin and very steady on coumadin. Also if you have a choice after delivery and need to be on blood thinners (and have the option to change) I recommend going with one that you can have your blood levels checked with. They had me on pradaxa because it was “fail proof” and I started having weakness on my left side. In my opinion, I’d rather know my blood levels. I don’t mind getting them checked monthly. It’s worth the piece of mind.
    I will keep you in my prayers! I know what it’s like weighing those big decisions while being pregnant (I was cardioverted with my last baby and she’s 6 years old and doing great!!!) It’s hard to find the stats sometimes!!:) Pray, research and find a doctor you can trust.

72. António says:

Praying for you and your little one!!

73. Elisa says:

Know you are loved.

Adding my prayers to those going up on your behalf.
    Elisa recently posted..how tall is an elephant?

74. Considerer says:

All the best – hope matters resolve quickly and effectively. You are surrounded by prayers – God’s will will be done.
    Considerer recently posted..7 Quick Takes #12

75. Kathleen says:

Our family is praying for you!
    Kathleen recently posted..7QT: Favorite shots from 2012

76. LeAnn says:

Praying the St Michael the Archangel prayer for you throughout the day!

77. LuAnne says:

I’m praying for you, your baby, and your family!
    LuAnne recently posted..what you really need to know after a week’s worth of this new year

78. Lisa says:

Jen, I am praying for you, your baby, and your whole family. I have been reading you over the past year or so, and though I don’t think I have ever commented on anything you have written, you feel like a friend. I think that is why everyone loves you. You are so real, and I feel like I know you. So when I heard you were sick in the hospital, it did not seel like some remote person far away that I do not know. Not at all. So many people are lifting you up in prayer, and I am sure you will get through this just fine. It is very exciting that you are having a boy!!

79. Camille says:

We are all praying for you and your sweet little boy!! Keep him in there as long as you can and rest as much as you can!
    Camille recently posted..Seven Quick Takes

80. I have been sending so many prayers your way. I will continue to do so.
    Larissa Heart recently posted..My Foray into Link-Ups, Soup and Lost with Zombies (7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 1)

81. Dee says:

I am praying for your healing and for your family. May God grant you peace and comfort during this difficult time.

82. Steph C says:

Prayers going up for you, baby, Joe and family from southeastern PA!
    St. Michael, protect us!

83. Jenni says:

Congratulations on your son! That is so exciting.

We are praying for you here in Kentucky, and look forward to good news soon. I have a very difficult day today, and I will be offering it up for your return to good health.

Martyrs of Jesus, pray for us. +
    Jesus, I trust in You. +

84. Praying my dear, for you and the wee one.

85. We’ve been remembering you in our family Rosary and I have been keeping you in prayer throughout my days as well and will continue to do so! Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us! St. Bernadette, pray for us! St. Michael, intercede!

86. Leila says:

Lots of prayers, Jennifer. Rest and think lung-clearing thoughts. God is good.

87. Bonnie says:

I know that you’re saint this year is St. Michael – and you were a little worried about what that meant for you. For what it’s worth, I’m asking St. Michael, but *especially* Fulton Sheen to pray for you.

I’ve been pretty worried and I appreciate the update. Strength, health, and graces for you, your son, Joe, your other kids, and your parents.
    Bonnie recently posted..the most popular posts of 2012

88. Jennifer says:

We were praying for you this week and will continue. That’s not the first instance I’ve heard of a generic working differently or not at all.

89. Pansy Moss says:

Wow, that’s insane. Praying!
    Pansy Moss recently posted..Whatever happens, good or bad

90. Jen, thanks for the update. Praying for you and that sweet baby boy and your whole family. God bless.
    Anne @ Modern Mrs Darcy recently posted..Coming to the Blog in 2013

91. Ray Ramirez says:

I want to add our family Prayers. My wife and daughter met you in Peoria almost 3 yr ago now, and your story moved them all.

And I think most would agree that you should not worry about thanking us all individually. To me, that is the beauty of the body of Christ, is we all are glad when we can help in some small way, and are working on those clotting mechanisms to say ‘stop it… for now’. :-)

92. Dear Jen and Family,

First of all congrats on the soon to arrive baby boy! Second, I am sorry to hear of the complications please know of my prayers and support. The whole family remains in my prayers. Thanks for the updates.

93. TheresaEH says:

praying for you in CanadaEH!!!!!!! Thank GOD for the sacraments!

94. I don’t want to give you even one more tiny thing to do at a time like this (and I feel guilty for leaving a message) but I will be very brief – prayers will continue for your recovery and for good health to be restored. Prayers for your whole family!
    God bless and hugs,
    Donna-Marie

95. Catholic Grammie says:

Jen, I’ve been praying for you and your little one – you know that you have an entire facebook/blog community that loves and is concerned about you and yours. You helped bring me out of a very dark place once upon a time – and I’ve loved you for that! Please try to relax in that hospital bed – by the way, this year my saint is Mother Teresa! Take care and God Bless!

96. Christine says:

Praying. Oh, this does sound so scary!

97. amy says:

Praying for you and your family.

98. Leigh Anne says:

I prayed for you many times yesterday and continue to do so today! BTW, I think that baby’s name should be Michael. :)

99. Dear “Sister In Christ” Jen Fulwiler & family;All of you are in our prayers for a complete healing so that you may return to your family & The Almighty’s work!We all serve the same God of Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob & we will join you on your daily walk w/Jesus & assist in spreading His Holy Word that sinners are NOT our teachers & evil is an infection only He can cure!
    Please hold these thoughts close during these troubled times for the truth will set us free!
    “There is nothing outside the reach of God or the goodness of Jesus Christ for they both reside together in the dreams of children & within the hearts and minds of the faithful.” Amen
    “Laus Deo”

100. Matt Cassens says:

Praying to Jesus. Also to St. Mary, St. Jude, and St. Anthony. Please get well soon! You’re quite the Catholic soldier.

101. EML says:

My prayers are with you during this time! I am due a week later than you and we are also having a boy. Again, my prayers are with you.
    EML recently posted..2012 in 12 Photos

102. Pam says:

We are praying hard for you, your baby, and your whole family Jennifer. God be with you and may St. Michael protect you and your son.

103. Scary, Hon! You’re in my prayers, as are your doctors, husband, kids and baby! Love you.
    Tienne McKenzie recently posted..Cheap Waste

104. Claudia says:

Jen, you are in my daily Rosary! I’m praying for you bigtime!

105. I totally missed the first announcement. Grateful I saw this on FB. My goodness, Jen! My heart is pounding something fierce.

I am praying for you right now, that God would surround your hospital bed with an indescribable peace. He is in control of this situation. You will be heavy on my heart and mind today.

106. Susan says:

Praying for you!

107. Abigail Benjamin says:

Took Communion for you yesterday Jen. We lit candles at our parish church for you and your son. Many prayers!

108. RosieB says:

You, the kids, your husband, the baby, your family and your doctors and nurses are in our prayers. St. Michael is with you protecting you!

109. JoAnna says:

Please know that many, many folks are praying for you and your sweet baby boy!

Forwarding this prayer intention to lots of prayer warriors in NC…

110. Ginny says:

Jen, you are in my daily prayers, and I have my kids praying for you too. When my youngest wakes me up in the middle of the night I am praying for you then too. Thank you for updating us.
    Ginny recently posted..little green sweater

111. Julie says:

I just used the saint generator for my 13 year old son after coming over from Shower of Roses. He decided that he was going to use the first saint that it generated, no matter who it was. Interestingly, the saint generated for him was St. Margaret of Antioch. When I told him that she is the patroness of pregnancy and childbirth we laughed, since he is a teen boy and totally uncomfortable even talking about that kind of thing. So I asked him if he wanted to have a different saint for the year, and he insisted that he didn’t, that he would keep St. Margaret. Then I remembered that Jessica’s post about your pregnancy was the reason I had come to your blog in the first place. So I read the prayer to St. Margaret to my son and read him your update. Of course I will pray for you and your baby, but I am going to print out the prayer from Shower of Roses and he will pray for you too, asking St. Margaret for her intercession. Oh, and he likes watching the Journey Home and remembers you from EWTN as the atheist who turned Catholic.
    Julie recently posted..First Holy Communion

112. Sarah says:

Praying for your health and the health of your baby boy!
    Sarah recently posted..best ever

113. Sherry says:

Prayers for a full recovery.
    Sherry recently posted..God’s Quirky Sense of Things, See you in 2013

114. Jane says:

Dear Jennifer, I am praying The Memorare many times throughout the day for you and your baby. I invite others to join me.

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

115. Tania says:

Jennifer, please take heart–countless prayers are being offered for you from members of both the Church Militant and the Church Triumphant!

116. I just came back from Mass, where I prayed for you. A candle is burning for you at the icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Help. Hang in there! Love and hugs from The Netherlands.

117. Laura Strietmann says:

Jen,
    May the Peace of Christ be with you as you rest and trust in God’s healing power and Divine Will! So many are praying for you….and congratulations on your sweet baby boy!
    In His love,
    Laura

118. Lisa says:

Jen, you’ve been in my prayers in a special way since I saw the first news of this. As a mom of 6 with a clotting disorder, I can really empathize! Ever since we spoke before the Behold conference, I’d secretly think of you as my bleeding disorder buddy. ;) One minute at a time. God provided you with a special spot to practice being in the present moment, eh? oh, and minor revisions? while you and Joe and the kids and all were darling, I especially appreciated the bits with your dad. He stole the show for me and now has my prayers as well. God Bless!

119. Kate in NoVA says:

Prayers for you, the baby, and your family at Adoration last night and continuing.

120. We are all praying for you. My boys have been sick the past couple of days. I will ask them to offer it up for you and your baby boy.
    Connie Rossini recently posted..Should school focus on work or leisure?

121. Jennifer says:

We are praying for you. God bless you and your family.

122. Laura M says:

Congratulations on your baby boy and I will be praying for you both.

123. Jane Hartman says:

You are such an inspiration to me. I’m praying for you and your little boy.

124. Praying for you and the baby. All the best to you.
    LR @ Magnificent or Egregious recently posted..The Winner Is….

125. Julia says:

Rest and recover. Prayers for you.

126. Valerie says:

Praying in NZ for you, your baby and all who care for you.
    Thankyou for the part you have played in my conversion – your words touch many lives :)
    Every blessing to you.

127. Kim Landwehr says:

Praying you and your baby get well soon.

128. Sandy says:

My husband prayed for you, baby, and family before the Blessed Sacrament very early this morning, and I dedicated two rosaries to you at adoration later this morning.
    Keeping you in our prayers.

129. Christine says:

Hi Jennifer,

You are in my prayers. I ended up in the hospital with a blood clot during my last pregnancy. Thankfully, it didn’t reach my lungs. My perinatologist didn’t have visiting rights at the hospital and was upset by my discharge instructions. My perinatologist insisted that:

1. I needed to take Lovenox twice a day, not once a day. So, I gave myself a shot every 12 hours as he instructed.

2. The shots had to be given in my abdomen. No other location was acceptable.

You might already be doing the above, but since my doctor changed the hospital’s instructions, I thought I should share.

May our Blessed

130. Claudia Graham says:

You, the Baby, Joe and the children are in our prayers, Jen! Hugs and kisses from North Carolina!

131. Jann FritzHuspen says:

Offered my holy hour before the Eucharist last night and this morning’s Mass for you and your family! Praying that the Holy spirit guides those doctors so clearly that they are in awe of your quick and full recovery!

132. Ana says:

Dear Jen,
    You are sincerely loved by so many, including here in Australia. We’ll keep praying while you guys sleep! My mass this morning is being offered for you and all of your precious family.

133. Kelly Kitchens says:

Just discovered your work by accident, –ok, I know there’s no accidents in faith, =] — but wanted to say I’ll be praying for you and your family, for strength and comfort in His will, and to guide your doctor’s hands.

Keep the Son shining!
    Kit

134. Njideka says:

I’m so sorry about your condition Jennifer. I really hope you get well soon.
    God be with you and your little one

135. Keystone says:

Daniel prayed 3 weeks without fail.
    A battle in the Heavenlies required reinforcements as satan stood strong.

St. Michael the Archangel and most powerful among all pf God’s angels got involved as the situation deteriorated and swung the battle to victory for Daniel.

St. Michael the Archangel eventually mentioned a tidbit of importance to the ever-praying Daniel:
    “Daniel, I just want you to know that you prayers were heard and answered on the FIRST day!
    It took awhile to fight the battle to get here but God answered on Day 1 to your prayer”.

Please read ot all in Daniel 10:7-17.
    Why?
    V.17 states “my strength is gone and I can hardly breathe”.

I recall your Saint for 2013 to be the same victor.
    The Lord Be With You.
    I AM is for you.

136. Keystone says:

I forgot to mention, Jen, that I used that Saint Generator of a few days back. The selection is not relevant to this audience and is a saint I have never heard before.
    But it was so precise a choice for my life now that ONLY God could have made His choice for me that day.
    I cried.
    Thank you for linking me to God as I was sinking.

I note you speak of Anointing of the Sick and St Michael the Atchangel is patron Saint of the sick!
    We BOTH “generated” well, eh?
    My daughter texts me the “Christian Fish” symbol all the time!

137. Kelli Seeley says:

Been praying for you and your family Jen…prayed for you at Adoration this morning too!!

138. Rita says:

God bless you and your family and keep you strong. I will remember you in my prayers.

139. Anna says:

Lord have mercy on your servant Jennifer and her unborn child.

140. Mary Creger says:

We’re praying for you and your baby and of course the rest of the family. May Our Precious Lord guide your doctors to know exactly the right treatment for you.

141. Catherine Post says:

Jen, I am grateful that you posted to let us know how you are doing. I think of you all through the day and am praying for you and your tiny son. Because my dad went through this with my mom, I am also praying very specially for Joe.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend Joe, Jen, Yaya, Jen’s father, and the children in this day of battle. Please bring Jen strength to endure, help from Our Lady, and the peace of Our Lord. Please give to Joe a quiet confidence, and the ability to manage the impossible. May God bless all of the Fulwilers and Jen’s father, as well. Amen.

142. Kelly says:

St. Gianna Molla pray for Jen and their beautiful son.

I’ve recently discovered you and have become quite an avid reader of your blog. I will pray and ask others to do the same. God bless you all.

143. Kerri says:

Praying for you and your little one!
    Kerri recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Christmas and Snow

144. Sue from Buffalo says:

Praying for you and your sweet baby boy, Jen. Don’t worry about keeping up with us. Just do whatever the doctors tell you and get well. You are much loved.

145. Andrea says:

praying for you, baby boy, and family.

146. SteveG says:

We are praying here, Jen. Get well soon.

147. You are in my prayers, your family and the one on the way! I just watched your show online a few days ago and was so excited at the end when you announced that you were pregnant!

148. Kathy says:

Praying for you, Jennifer. I added you to the prayers at Mass tonight. God bless and keep you and your dear baby boy!

149. A. Noel says:

Praying for you, your husband, your family, and your doctors. God bless you.

150. Mary says:

We are praying, praying, praying for you, Jen! So glad (yet so freaked out) that St. Michael is your patron for the year. I always use your saint generator with equal parts of excitement and trepidation. ;)

In all seriousness, your blog has done so much to help deepen my own faith. I hope we can return the favor by storming heaven. May God bless you and return you to health and home very soon!

Mary

151. Catherine says:

Praying for you, your family, & the doctors. May the peace of Christ and the mantle of Mary surround you all right now.

152. Anne McD says:

Praying, praying, praying for you and your little one! St. Michael, Ven. Fulton Sheen, Dear Blessed Mother– everyone! Pray for Jen! :)

153. Tara Sz. says:

Jen –

Wow. Praying for you and your precious baby boy, and the rest of the Fulwiler family. The good Lord didn’t make you wait too long to see why St. Michael was chosen as your patron this year! God bless you, please come home safe.

154. LPatter says:

Praying and lifting up your crew – love having seen them on Minor Revisions so I have more of an “image” of who I’m praying for! (Thought of the dwagon when I prayed for your girls!) Philosopher Mom is a fb/college friend and she’s keeping us posted on facebook with updates as they come from various blogger peeps. The communion of saints is with you! Rest up and God’s Healing be with you.

155. Usha says:

You are in my prayers and thoughts…May the Lord bless you with all the stenght to bear all that you have to undergo now…

Take care

156. Cindi Messner says:

Jennifer I just heard you are in the hospital. You and your baby boy are in our prayers and if there is anything you need or we can do to help please let Ross and I know. I am praying for the Doctor to know exactly what is wrong and exactly what to do about it. Please Lord keep Jennifer and baby safe.

157. Christine R says:

I never comment, but I’ve read pretty much every post you’ve ever written. You’ve been a huge inspiration to me. Please be assured of my prayers for you and your family.

158. Christina says:

I’m really sorry to hear about this, Jennifer. I’ll pray for you tomorrow at mass and throughout the week. I’m 22 weeks pregnant with my third baby and wound up hospitalized myself with kidney issues on Wednesday. The memory of the worry is still fresh for me, so you have my empathy!
    Christina recently posted..7 Quick Takes Friday, Volume 20

159. polly says:

Praying for you and your little boy, Jennifer. I know well how scary clots can be. You are in my prayers.

160. Anne Marie says:

Praying for you and baby! Get well soon.

161. Leila says:

Praying so hard, hon! So grateful you are in good hands. Oh, I can just feel the relief and peace you had receiving the Anointing. SO good to be Catholic at a time like this.
    Leila recently posted..Just Curious: How badly do you want to be a saint?

162. Jen, I have been praying at Adoration and mass for you and the baby. Our Lady of Guadalupe and Baby Jesus in the womb to look after you.Will keep praying!

163. Claire M. says:

Wow, I had no idea any of this was going on! I’m a blog follower and don’t know you in “real life”, but I will be praying and will light a candle for you after Mass tomorrow! Careful hugs to you!

164. Melanie says:

Thank you for updating us this way, it’s good to “hear your voice”. You are in my prayers.
    Melanie recently posted..Happy New Year!

165. Tina says:

I offered up my holy hour for you this week and put you on the prayer list in our adoration chapel. Praying fervently!

Blessings,
    Tina

166. Susan says:

Praying for you, your baby and your family.

167. Mary says:

Praying for you and yours!!!

168. Kyleen says:

I’m praying too! I love the pray to st Michael. I am so glad he is your patron for the year. It gives me peace for you! Congratulations on you son!!!

169. Jay says:

We are praying in Florida. Peace, wisdom, God’s strength.

170. Alice S. says:

Hi Jennifer,

We are all praying for your good health to return! The Lord gives us everything we can handle; but shortness of breath is a scary thing. Think on Mary in those times, and meditate on the Joyful Mysteries as we are still in the Christmas season and our good Lord will give you peace!
    Blessings to your family and your little son!

171. Erin Broestl says:

Hi Jen, we’re having a boy too! Due Feb. 2nd. :) Praying hard for you!
    Erin

172. Frank says:

Lifting you and your family up in prayer. Many rosaries coming your way.

173. Here are some of my favorite blogs to read.

I sometimes wish I could write a blog but truthfully, writing is often painful for me. Reading is a joy.
    JaneC Duquette recently posted..Lost Treasures of Infocom

174. Linda Rufi says:

I am so sorry that you are feeling not your best. You had asked for websites that your readers enjoy, one of mine is called a holy experience. It is written by Ann Voskamp. She isn’t Catholic but writes beautifully and is a mother to 6 children. I hope you will find pleasure and comfort reading her blog. I will keep you in my prayers.

175. Howard says:

Went looking for your last episode. Get well. Prayers are comming in.

176. natasha322 says:

I can’t thank you enough for all that you have done for me. About 2 year ago I my partner had misunderstanding, we had both made BIG mistakes in our relationship. He ended up moving away from me to pursue a new life. I knew in my heart that he would be the only one to make me happy. I was relieved when I found your email: voodoafricapower@yahoo.com on a site about what you have done. I requested 1 to 2 day casting of the reunite us love spell and within 3days frank company had relocated him back to our hometown where I still lived. We immediately reconnected and move in with each other I can’t really thank you enogh Dr Okoja.

177. Jordan says:

I hope you’re doing much better now, Jenn! On New Year’s Eve, I woke up in the middle of the night with chest pain. Due to pregnancy, plane rides and pleurisy, the urgent care felt I was at enough of a risk for clots to be referred to the ER, where I was fortunately found to be just fine. As ticked as I am to have to pay all those bills on the LAST day of our 2012 deductible (which is ridiculous), I appreciate the reminder of how blessed we were that I’m okay. (And of course I don’t envy your bills, either. I hope your insurance is better than mine!)
    Jordan recently posted..The Easiest Way to Transfer from Blogger to WordPress (and keep your readers, links and rankings!)