7 Quick Takes about charade fails, $100 centipedes, and six-word novels

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes about charade fails, $100 centipedes, and six word novels

— 1 —

The exciting conference news this week has taken up a lot of space here on the blog, so I want to assure you that I’m not going to be writing exclusively about event planning for the next nine months — I’ll be talking about my book too!

Wait, wait. Before everyone simultaneously commits seppuku, I’m just kidding. I’ll be updating about both of them, but mostly offering the usual in-depth analysis of matters of international importance that you’ve come to expect from this website. Case in point:

— 2 —

The other day I was doing some Googling about our favorite one-hundred-legged friends, and I came across a site that sells themfor one hundred dollars. EACH. Clearly our family has not been thinking in an entrepreneurially-minded way. Anyway, what was even more remarkable than the economics of people paying to own the things that we pay to get rid of was this testimonial:

7qt240 centipede 7 Quick Takes about charade fails, $100 centipedes, and six word novels

I just want to make sure I understand this sequence of events correctly:

• You send someone $100.
  • They send you a box.
  • You open the box to see that it contains a large centipede that is known for its speed, aggression, and the pain of its bite.
  • You are happy with this outcome.

— 3 —

I have long known that board games make me feel like my brain is melting, and this has always made me feel like a bad mother. Because feeling guilty is one of my primary talents, I tended to assume that the reason I didn’t like these activities is because I prefer mindless entertainment like surfing Twitter to enjoying wholesome fun with my family. So it was a minor revelation when I realized recently that I love family game night — I just don’t like board and card games!

It all came together when the kids tried to rope me into a game of Go Fish. One child would stare at her hand for what seemed like seven hours, then ask someone else to give her all their aces or jacks or whatever. Then there would be an exchange of cards. And more endless staring followed by short requests and card swapping. By the end of it I wanted to throw my cards onto the table so that I could claw at my eyes while I screamed “WILL IT NEVER END?!?!?!”

But then someone suggested charades, and I realized that that actually sounded like a lot of fun! Granted, my children are young and didn’t quite catch the rules, so in practice it looked more like a kid running across the room while she shouted that she’s an angel ninja, but it was quite an enjoyable time.

Sometimes I need to be reminded that I’m not a bad mom just because I’m not drawn to typical family fun activities.

— 4 —

Every time the topic of charades comes up, it reminds me of the time that Joe and I visited the Czech Republic. I’ve mentioned this before, but for those of you who missed it last time:

Joe and I once took a visit to a small town a couple of hours outside of Prague. I had immersed myself in the Czech language before the trip and packed lots of translation books so that I might be able to chat with the locals. I was super excited about this — it was one of the main reasons we’d chosen a small town instead of a metropolitan area — and so I was horrified when we arrived to find out that almost nobody spoke Czech. Everyone spoke German. This was pre-smartphone and internet was spotty, so we had no German-to-English translation resources.

The owners of the tiny inn where we stayed did not speak a word of English, and so we could communicate with them only through pantomime. It was this situation, combined with Joe’s idea that we take a bicycle tour of the town, that left us to face the most difficult charades challenge in the history of time: How to convey through actions, “We borrowed the bikes and aired up the tires.”

Seriously. Stop and take a moment to think about how you’d express that in charades. If you can figure out how to do it without coming across like you’re saying “I am a galloping horse who occasionally stops to dig ditches while I pant,” you are a far more talented person than I.

— 5 —

I recently came across a few six-word novel contests, where people attempt to tell a powerful story in only six words (a concept often attributed to Ernest Hemingway). Here are some attempts from famous sci-fi writers. They’re pretty good. But when I saw them, I thought of a comment I received this summer, and realized that all of these efforts paled in comparison to the masterpiece from my combox. Stephanie of the lovely blog A Wide Mercy said in response to my post about Netflix removing Shaun the Sheep:

We discovered Dora was gone at 4:46 a.m. one morning. The very fact that I was searching for Dora at 4:46 a.m. says it all.

I would like to thank all the literary geniuses of the world for their efforts in this department, but I think it’s safe to say that this contest is over and Stephanie has won. Edited for word count, here is her six-word novel:

4:46AM: We discovered Dora was gone.

I laughed. I cried. Five stars for this gripping six-word masterpiece.

— 6 —

Joe and I had an interesting discussion over dinner tonight in which we asked ourselves: If we had to choose only three cities to visit for the rest of our lives (i.e. we’d never go anywhere else other than these three places), which ones would they be? We came up with:

• Austin
  • San Francisco
  • New York City

Though there are a lot of other spots we want to explore, we realized that we could be pretty happy if we knew that we’d never go anywhere else other than those three places. Which cities would you choose?

— 7 —

AAAAAAHHH!!!! As I was writing this, I got the green light from Ignatius to post the cover to my book — and, obviously, announce the title as well! Assuming that I can calm myself down enough to operate my keyboard, I’ll post it first thing Monday morning. (I would post it right this minute but it’ll take me a while to get the graphics in order.)

I know I’m talking about the book again but GAAAAH I’M SO EXCITED I CAN’T HELP IT!!!!!

————————-

71 Responses to “7 Quick Takes about charade fails, $100 centipedes, and six-word novels”
  1. nancyo says:

Nooo, you’re not going to make us wait until MONDAY MORNING to see your book cover/name, are you?

My cities would be: New York, London and Buffalo (great city and my daughter lives there)
    nancyo recently posted..Quick Takes: Manuscripts to browse, visit, or purchase

2. So board games are out at the conference next July. I see.

As for cities, alas I haven’t been enough fantastic places to know yet. Jury’s out. I will clearly need to visit Austin though–next Summer I hope!

AND I am so excited number 7 was about the cover. I’ve been wondering. I cannot wait to see it Monday!! So excited for you Jennifer! :)

<3 jeni
    Jeni @ Patron Saint {of Poopy Diapers} recently posted..7QT: Resolutions

3. Nikita says:

When you speak about board games, sometimes I find it depends on the board game itself. There are some board games I love and some I cannot stand. (That goes the same for card games as well.) My husband and I used to go with my ‘grandparents’ (they are not my grandparents, but they pretty much adopted me when I was baptized in 2009 with their two grand-kids on Easter Vigil) to their actual board game club. It was pretty neat.

As for three cities I would want to live or visit they would be:

1. Rome, Italy (Can that include Vatican City?)

2. Edinburgh, Scotland

3. Columbus, Ohio
    Nikita recently posted..7 Quick Takes Vol. 23

4. Magnificat says:

My 3 cities:
    1. Rome, Italy
    2. London, UK
    3. Jerusalem, Israel

5. Clearly you have found your new calling. I can’t promise to buy anything off your Etsy shop, but I would promote the hell out of it because I believe in that kind of thing. “That kind of thing” being making lemonade from lemons and all that.

3 cities:
    1. a small beach town in Costa Rica
    2. Rome, Italy
    3. Jerusalem or Ephesus

BUT! I reserve the right to change those at any point before I visit them. I simply cannot commit.

Monday is so FAR AWAY!!!!! Chant it with me now: weekend post! weekend post! weekend post!
    Micaela @ California to Korea recently posted..7 Stages of Restricted Eating

• It says something about the insanity of my life that 1) I am JUST NOW replying to comments, and 2) I honestly don’t think I’d have time to put together the post any sooner because it’s so hard to get two seconds to think around here. Arrgh! It’s so frustrating because I’m DYING to post it. DYING!!!

6. Meghan says:

In grad school I learned about ‘strategy board games’ which, if you haven’t already tried, I would recommend giving a go. Two of the more popular games in this category would be Settlers of Catan and Carcassonne, but there are tons that are very fun (although the recommended ages are 10-14, so they wouldn’t work for the younger ones). One of my personal favorites that is less well-known is Bonanza, a bean farming game:)
    Meghan recently posted..folk music and dance

7. Rosie says:

I’m going to start selling things I find on my kitchen floor, too! So far I’ve got:

Half-eaten crackers
    Letter magnets
    Babies

I dunno, your shop might be a bit more compelling with the giant bugs…

8. Elizabeth B says:

Hmmm…my three cities would be

1. Hobart, Tasmania

2. San Francisco Bay Area (not just San Francisco, as the other sides of the bay have a lot to offer!)

3. The Research Triangle Area in North Carolina–that includes Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and all the little towns nearby

Can I reserve ther right to change my list over time? I would love to see Kyoto, Japan, and imagine I could be busy exploring it for a very long time.

Keep writing, Jen! Can’t wait to read The Book.

9. Angela says:

Delightful 7 this week. I particularly enjoyed # 3 and 5. I also feel like my brain is melting when I play games with my kids.

10. christine says:

I enjoy most board and card games, but our youngest is into War, which just makes me nuts. However, I think I’ve found a way to make even War enjoyable, thanks to Jimmy Fallon. Two words: Water War.

If your bug business takes off, let me know. I may start selling off our mice.
    christine recently posted..Needing Some Input from My Homies – 7QT

11. Michelle says:

#3! Now I feel much better, thanks! (6 words)

Rome, Italy
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Kauai, Hawaii

12. Amy says:

The charades in the Czech Republic?! Perfect. I’m still laughing! The first thing that came to my mind was sitting on the floor and pedaling my feet in the air while pretending to hold handlebars, but I have no idea how you would convey the air in the tires part. Other than acting out digging a ditch while panting, of course.

I cannot wait to see your book cover. I’m so excited for you :)
    Amy recently posted..My Blog in Ten Photos

• Oooh, sitting on the floor for the pedaling part. Genius. I wish I’d thought of that, although I probably would have conveyed it to make it look like I was breakdancing (badly).

Thanks for the kind words about the book!

13. Talk about the book all you want! I can’t wait to read it and if I had a book being published, I’d never shut about it. :)

My three cities? Hmmm… I can’t think of anywhere I love more than where I live right now (or even close). I can name a couple of places I’d like to visit that I’ve never been (ROME! ROME! ROME!) I’m tempted to put New Orleans on the list, but it’s only two hours from here and we hardly ever drive over. Orlando for Walt Disney World?

I think I’m just happy here where I am and really – we can get King cakes here in the greater Mobile area for Mardi Gras, and we have beaches here in our county, so what’s not to love?
    Andi at Bringing the Sunshine recently posted..Seven Snippets: November 15, 2013

14. TheresaEH says:

I would move someplace that has never seen snow nor has bugs!!
    6:08 Patience is not my virtue ;)

15. Stephanie says:

Wow! SO honored I won the 6-word contest.

But really, lost Dora is such a tragedy, the event alone speaks for itself.
    Stephanie recently posted..how a book on natural childbirth changed my life

16. Lynne says:

No way! You can’t leave us with a cliff hanger like that!

My oldest son spends a lot of time in NYC and recently offered to fly us there so he could show us around. I actually thought, “Why would I want to go there?” I mean, I’d like to go once and we’d probably see many tourist spots, but why would I ever go back? Maybe you could explain. San Francisco at least has seafood.

17. Caroline M. says:

DYING about the centipede thing. Southerners, we have got to start selling the creatures that come in our houses; I just assumed there was no market for it. However, the whole “getting it in a box and keeping it alive” gives me pause.
    Caroline M. recently posted..Remembering my Southern grandmama

18. Caroline M. says:

Oh and Jennifer, when your kids get older you should try Pandemic. It’s not like most board games in that it’s collaborative, i.e. everyone is trying to defeat the game together. And, it’s the anti-Candy Land. The concept is that each player has a different medical role (researcher, medic, etc), and you are trying to wipe out global epidemics as represented by pieces on the board (which is a flat globe). It’s pretty hard to beat it, but it’s great if you love strategy and problem-solving.
    Caroline M. recently posted..Remembering my Southern grandmama

19. karen c says:

Delaying the start of our homeschool to read your 7 Quick Takes was the best decision for this Friday morning. Laughing out loud at our shared dislike of board games (thank you for making me feel better about myself), laughing about the centipede business, laughing while imagining myself trying to communicate the bike escapade…thank you! Congrats on your book – looking forward to seeing the official cover. Have a great weekend!

20. Gretchen says:

Just read your post. We lived in El Paso for a while and had tarantulas. I’d catch them live and decided to mail one to my nephews in MS. Brave boys that they were my sister was the one opening the box…it arrived dead and was not disposed of but saved for my next visit. “Aunt Gretch, do you want your spider back?” Ha! I love your blog and hope to join in this summer, having never done anything like that at all. Anyway, 3 cities:
    1) New Orleans – my home town and amazing place.
    2) Rome – never been but I have to go.
    3) Vienna – another place I’d love to visit

21. Faun says:

I have a question about your book: are you intending to donate the proceeds to charity? For many of us who are cradle Catholics it’s offensive that you converted and are now monetizing your “conversion.”

I wouldn’t convert to say, Judaism, and then be so arrogant as to try to make money off of my conversion.

It’s deeply offensive, frankly.

• Jessica says:

No need to speak for all cradle Catholics – I am one myself and I am in no way offended.

Beyond that…well, I won’t feed the troll any further haha.

• Two words. Scott Hahn. People with the faith, talent and integrity to write about their conversion experience inspire others to come to the Lord. Imagine the joy you’d feel if you were a positive force helping people on their faith journey. Payment for the time and effort and sacrifice involved while writing a book doesn’t ‘monetize their conversion.’ It’s a means of supporting their family. I’m a cradle Catholic and immensely proud to support authors of conversion stories to the Catholic faith. <3
      Monica Benninghoff recently posted..A blank slate

• lauren says:

Cradle Catholic here – would never think to be offended. In fact, can’t wait to buy it to support a Catholic family, among other reasons. Really, for her amazing contributions to Catholic thought and image in the U.S., you’re concerned about where their income comes from? If a person has an intriguing autobiography, I will gladly buy, Catholic or not.

• lauren says:

Sorry, have to post again, because this just riles me up the more I think about it. So you’re saying that because she wasn’t BORN a Catholic that she has no right to keep money she might make off of doing something RELATED to being Catholic? What a un-Christian sentiment. I find myself being the one deeply offended. *deep breath, stepping away* :)

• PatJ61 says:

Please reword your post to speak only for yourself. Jen rocks. Jen’s book will rock. Jen is a writer and has every right to make money in her profession. I can’t imagine someone saying, “Pat, I know you were called to be a teacher, but how DARE you earn a paycheck from your calling.” Frankly, Faun, your comment is WAY off.

• Emily Davis says:

Um. Wow Faun. I stopped and prayed for you. As a convert, I find her story wonderful. And every Catholic should rejoice in a person who finds the right path and walks it.
      I guess you never heard the saying “If you don’t have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut!”
      Jennifer is one tough cookie. Our Lord loves everyone who comes to him. Does she not have the right to make a living? Do you not understand the amount of people her book might touch.
      Please, please review your conscience.
      You, and others like you, will be surprised in the end. I think some people who feel so entitled to put others down may just be surprised about who ends up in Heaven.

Blessings,
      Emily
      Emily Davis recently posted..7 Quick Takes Friday – Vol. 13

• Thank you guys so much for your support! I really appreciate it.

• Erika Marie says:

My first thought after reading that comment: “Get behind me, Satan.”
        It’s interesting though. I’m a writer, working on sharing my writing more. I seek to encourage and support others through writing first. But I admit my dream job is to be a paid writer/blogger. However, the one temptation/obstacle that keeps me from publishing more or seeking out ways to promote and share my writing and monetize my blog is that fear of looking like I’m trying to capitalize on my Faith or on others interest in my writing and look self-seeking only.

This comment thread reminded me that God is not the one putting that fear in me.
        PatJ61’s is especially poignant.
        Erika Marie recently posted..Hand-made Toy Bag Giveaway Winners!

• Dorian Speed says:

I know you’re just trolling, Faun, but I’ll take the stupid fake controversy bait.

How dare you imply that there is something untoward about Jennifer blessing her family by using her considerable gifts to write a memoir? Jennifer has shown tremendous generosity in building a welcoming community here on her blog, writing openly and honestly about her conversion, and living out her faith. Her book is an outgrowth of what she’s already doing, which is sharing with people an authentic picture of Christian life in the modern world with all its ups and downs.
      Dorian Speed recently posted..7 Quick Takes: Where’d the blog go?

• nancyo says:

There’s nothing to stop any of us – cradle Catholics included – from writing about our faith (“monetizing” it, as you put it). As long as you have something to say which will interest others and inspire them in their faith journeys, as Jen does, I’d say go for it.
      nancyo recently posted..Quick Takes: Manuscripts to browse, visit, or purchase

22. Doug says:

What? The 3 best cities in the world are all in the US? Come on….

23. Christy says:

I read #6 and the first think I could think of was, “You can have a conversation over dinner?!?” My husband and I try to talk at dinner time, but with 5 kids under the age of 6, there’s no hope for us. :)

24. Towanda says:

Hi Jen

My three favorite cities would be

1) NYC
    2) Palma, Majorca -my hometown where I live right now
    3) Again NYC

25. “Maybe I need to stop messing around with all this conference and book stuff and start an Etsy shop called What I Found on My Kitchen Floor Today.” We Texans are lucky that way! haha

Um my three cities…. New York City, Paris, and London.

There are more… next time ask about three beaches. HA! Doesn’t a beach with big umbrellas and service sound great? Sigh.
    Congrats on your book!

Hugs…
    Em
    Emily @ Em’s Estuary recently posted..7 Quick Takes Friday – Vol. 13

26. Peggy says:

I like inter-generational board games….kids, parents and grandparents. We have some of the best, side-splittingly hilarious times when 3 generations played Scattergories. As I think about it, it is actually a good game for kids’ letter recognition.

3 Cities: St. Malo on the coast of Brittany, France, a gorgeous, medieval walled city.
    Paris
    Lake Placid, NY

27. Hannah says:

My now husband and I went to Prague in 2003. At best, we could muddle through romance languages. We got a map and an extremely poor translation of a guide book (we still refer to “over looks” as “places for fine viewing”) and matched letters and symbols. Best.Trip.Ever. Especially the campground that only delivered, cold, brown, fresh from the river, shower water. And we saw a shoplifter get nabbed by what could have only been former KBG agents who are now store security guards.
    Hannah recently posted..7 Takes, 2013.34

28. Stephanie says:

1) New Orleans (gotta have home on the list)
    2) Amsterdam (the Dutch are just lovely people and this is a magnificent city).
    3) Venice

(hmm, all my cities are basically underwater…)

29. This is a difficult challenge but we loved two cities we hung out in in Italy: My top favorite was Sorrento, Italy but I’m afraid the Latin passions there would encourage me in my tendency to over-emote. So I ordered them this way:

Sienna, Italy – love the earth colors, the friendly people, the gentle pace of life there and the proximity to Florence and the culture of the Renaissance. Also love the Italian hills so much.

San Vito, Costa Rica – the beautiful rain forest, the proximity to Panama, the sweet people and their godly ways, nature all around

Nacagdoches, Texas — I love the piney woods. If our kids all grow up to leave the neighborhood, East Texas is in my future. I love the smaller town but reasonable nearness to cities and the slightly cooler, drier temps.
    Dreena Tischler recently posted..Quick Lines about All Saints Day

30. Christy says:

I just gotta say I’m almost as excited for your book as I am for the conference. Really excited! Its going to be so fun!

And, Rome, San Francisco, London.
    Christy recently posted..Seven Quick Takes vol. 66

31. #1 – Satellite conferences for those unable to visit Austin
    #2 – Must investigate the market for Florida roaches
    #3 – Canasta (with snacks)
    #4 – Pictionary instead of Charades
    #5 – It was a child; abortion kills.
    #6 – Orlando, San Francisco, Jackson Hole
    #7 – Congratulations!
    Monica Benninghoff recently posted..A blank slate

32. Patience is not one of the virtues I possess. Monday?????
    Jenna@CallHerHappy recently posted..#7QT: What Would I Say?

33. Also, is it weird that I am having panic attacks about the fact that there are LIMITED spaces for this conference? I don’t think it’s weird. It’s a rational fear.
    Jenna@CallHerHappy recently posted..#7QT: What Would I Say?

34. I hate “bored” games too! And I always feel guilty about it.

Charleston
    Boston
    Charlotte

And, Monday?!?! Not. Cool.

35. JQ Tomanek says:

Three cities:
    1. Yes, Austin is on the list. A smaller big city with so many cool things to do.
    2. Port of Spain, Trinidad. My wife is from there, so I am a little biased. But it is really a 2nd.5 world country with tropics all around.
    3. Rock Hill, SC. Small and cozy looking plus it is the of the Cordial Churchman and they seem pretty fun.

36. Stephanie says:

Three places I never get tired of:
    1. London
    2. Kauia, Hawaii (which I know is not a city, but has the population of a city, so that counts, right?)
    3. Venice, Florida

I know people rave about Austin, but I live near Portland, so I feel like it’s much the same…minus the depressing rain. Which, now that I think about it, could inspire me to visit Austin.
    Stephanie recently posted..Friday’s Quick Takes: Beginnings, endings and in progress

37. Oh, you made me laugh so hard I woke up a baby! Also, this post is not helping my cough, fyi.

Cities:
    Rome
    Galway
    Chicago

That would be my solo thoughts. I know, where I live isn’t listed. Uh oh. I wonder how the list would change if I asked my husband the same question. I think I have a fun Friday night family game – thanks! :)
    Rakhi @ The Pitter Patter Diaries recently posted..Quick Takes: BatKid and Other Musings

38. Kris says:

1. Atlanta (where I live)
    2. Chicago
    3. NYC

Someone else mentioned strategy games – they are fun – my kids love the game, Dominion.

39. I wouldn’t pick a city, I think…I know for sure I’d pick Rocky mountain National Park. Beyond that I’d have to think!
    Kathleen Basi recently posted..7 Quick Takes

40. Olivia says:

Cities:

London, England

Lhasa, Tibet

Paris, France

41. PatJ61 says:

Paris (if I can include Chartres), Rome, and Bar Harbor, Maine.

42. Mrs. Amen says:

My three cities:

(1) Sterling Heights, MI – it’s where my family lives and I love them.
    (2) Forest, Ontario – there is a beautiful beach there, Ipperwash. My family has gone there for generations and I can’t live without it.
    (3) Paris – because cheese, chocolate, bread, art, history and wine for my husband

Monday!!! Not fair. Cue my 4 year old, “mama, sometimes life isn’t fair.”

I am trying to figure out how to make the conference work for me. DH travels the last 3 weeks of every month, so I don’t have anyone to stay with the minions. Trying to talk my sweet parents into wrangling the rabid squirrels for me so I can not only shower by myself for the first time in 5+ years, but also perhaps attain the unholy trinity of eating my food while it is hot, drinking my beverage before all the ice has melted in it, and using the bathroom solo.

43. John says:

I was working on a fan-made trailer for your book and I only need a picture of the cover to complete it. This shows how much I was eagerly awaiting it. Unfortunately, I would be off the internet (and computers in general) starting tomorrow until I don’t know when. So to anticipate Monday’s excitement… Here’s an unofficial fan-made trailer for your book cover. Enjoy! http://youtu.be/TzEzfCpP3Q8

44. Joanne says:

A. Can’t wait to see the cover

B. 1. Rome, Italy 2. St. Petersburg, Russia 3. St. Johns, BVI
    Joanne recently posted..7 Quick Takes – Newborn Essentials in our house!

45. Karan says:

Currently living my day to day life playing a grand game of charades. Good thing the ppl are nice here.
    Karan recently posted..Days 7 and 8

46. Kara says:

Typo’d my own name! Lol!
    Kara recently posted..Days 7 and 8

47. #2 Just proves that the bane of one man’s existence is the thrill of another man’s. It also proves that we have some very strange people out there. If any of your kids are willing to trap the creatures you find on the floor, you could totally create an etsy page and daily post new creatures found. Who knows? Maybe you’ll raise enough over the years that you can be for a semester of college tuition for one of your kids.

#3 I can understand your boredom with board games at times. Over the years, I would often have to remind myself while playing Sorry, Candyland, Guess Who, Chutes and Ladders, or Monopoly with children in my care that I needed to be grateful we were doing an activity that didn’t require me to run all over the house, worry that lamps and windows may get broken, or break up any physical fighting.

#7 Congrats on your book! I’m very much looking forward to reading and reviewing it!
    Trisha Niermeyer Potter recently posted..7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 128) about inspiration, making a difference, and persevering

48. Erika Marie says:

Do the cities have to be placed you’ve already been to?
    Here are my picks:
    1. Cheshem, England. My Oma, God rest her soul, lived in a bungalo that I loved visiting and meandering through that quaint English town. I miss that.
    2. Mexico City. My mom’s family is from there so I have a lot of good memories from my childhood.It’s not the safest place to visit anymore and the traffic is horrendous (though sort of thrilling), but the city still has a lot to offer with awesome museums, Our Lady of Guadalupe’s shrine, and the pyramids.
    3.I can’t decide. Somewhere in Colorado or close to Yellowstone.
    Erika Marie recently posted..Hand-made Toy Bag Giveaway Winners!

49. Erika Marie says:

Oh and I like the novel in six words idea, how fun.
    Here’s one for me:
    There’s a placenta in our freezer.*

With a parenthetical six word footnote –
    *(Next to artificially-flavored chocolate ice cream.)

Hyphenated words count as one, right?
    Erika Marie recently posted..Hand-made Toy Bag Giveaway Winners!

50. Tracy says:

they sell centipedes?

Big ones?

no. Just no.

As someone who has been bitten by a small house centipede, and it hurt, I cannot even begin to imagine the bite of a huge one.

51. Three cities? Hmmmm….

I’d have to find the three with the best Catholic stuff- like cathedrals and grotto’s.

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner recently posted..The Vatican honoring gays and Lucifer?