7 posts, 7 days

Starting Monday, it’s on! A new post every day from Monday, February 24 to Sunday, March 2.

7 day blog challenge 7 posts, 7 days

And if you have a blog, you should join me. Here’s why:

• Your readers want to hear from you. Don’t you love it when you see new posts from your favorite bloggers? Personally, I would rather them throw together short, imperfect posts than not update at all, and I bet your readers feel the same way.
  • It’ll help you overcome perfectionism. How often has this happened to you?: You have a good idea for a post. You’re just about to type it up, but then you start second guessing it. An hour later, you’ve decided that if you were to put these thoughts into words, everyone would think that you’re the most crazy / stupid / irresponsible / weird / boring / unoriginal person in the whole world. Then someone else writes the same basic thing, and everyone on Facebook is hailing it as the most brilliant writing ever put on the internet. This is why we need deadlines: they force us to stop thinking and just write.
  • It’s like a blogging closet cleanout. When I clean out my closet, I have a rule that if it’s been more than a year since I last wore an item, I either need to decide that I will begin wearing it now or give it away — no more looking at it and saying “maybe one day I’ll get to it…” The 7×7 blogging challenge does the same thing for my closet of post ideas. If there’s a topic I’ve been meaning to get to for months, I either write about it during 7×7 or delete it from the list.
  • New readers will discover your blog. My favorite part of the last 7×7 is that a bunch of readers mentioned that they discovered new writers from it!

For those intrepid bloggers who are up to the challenge, feel free to add your blog to the linky list below so that the rest of us can follow along with your posts.

And if you don’t have a blog but like reading them, check out the list for sites that will have lots of fresh content next week.

Monday, it begins.

————————

37 Responses to “7 posts, 7 days”
  1. I seriously cannot believe I just put my link on this list. Clearly, I have lost my mind.
    Valerie @ Momma in Progress recently posted..7 Quick Takes Friday: Sleep, Cleaning, and a Confession

2. I was just telling a friend that I needed this challenge again. :) Thanks for hosting!
    Jessica @ Shower of Roses recently posted..Sew Many Booties {Sponsored Review & Giveaway}

3. April says:

Hmm. I blog infrequently because I have to make every post well thought out and complete. But you have some convincing arguments there… I’ll be pondering. And MAYBE I’ll be linking up.

4. Amanda says:

Linking up again! The last link-up is what started me blogging a bit more consistently (at least once a week…or so..). Hoping this time I’ll get another little jumpstart to get up to a couple times a week or more! Fun times ahead!

5. Megan says:

I didn’t do this the first time around but I am going to try and keep up this week :) And I do the 7 Quick Takes Friday’s most of the time :)
    Megan recently posted..7 Quick Takes Friday

6. Cristina says:

So excited. It was your first 7in7 where I met my bloggy BFF! Can’t wait to see what’s in store this go round!
    Cristina recently posted..Our Time for Prayer with the Psalms

7. Jeni says:

I’m excited–I already have two posts written.

2 down, 5 to go…

Love this linkup! Looking forward to reading lots of awesome posts!!

<3 jeni
    Jeni recently posted..My Funny Valentine’s Day weekend

8. This was hard work but a lot of fun the last time I participated. I’m looking forward to doing it again. Since I love meeting new bloggers in these link-ups, I also randomly picked three participating bloggers to follow next week. That way I also support those playing along. :-)
    bobbi @ revolution of love recently posted..7 Posts In 7 Days & I’ve Picked Three New (to Me) Blogs to Follow Next Week

9. Stephanie says:

I’m doing it! Not only because it sounds like a great idea, but because my husband starts coaching soccer in a week and then my brain will turn into survival mode and all creativity will be lost.
    Stephanie recently posted..7 Quick {Grateful} Takes

10. Is it cheating if I’ve already committed to a New Year’s resolution of posting a poem a day? I’d probably try to do a second post too, but I’m not sure I can commit to two posts a day.
    Melanie Bettinelli recently posted..The Second Voyage: Daily Dose of Poetry and Art

11. Joan says:

Thanks for hosting this little challenge! Looking forward to discovering some new blogs! :)

12. Olga says:

Starting today – one post each day! =)

13. Kelly M. says:

Alright I’m signed up, but if my family comes down with another parasitic infection mid-week, i’ll know that I’m just NOT supposed to blog seven times in seven days.
    Kelly M. recently posted..{LWF} Fulton Has Left The Building

14. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can…
    Rhonda Ortiz (@ The Naptime Novelist) recently posted..HEAT WAVE!

15. Melody says:

I’m joining you! I like the idea of getting out some posts that have been sitting in my drafts. They are my self-conscious posts! Thanks for the encouragement and chance to get them out there! :)
    Melody recently posted..The Flipside

16. OK, I posted Day #1 and I feel like I might throw up. In conjunction with the fact that God has been asking me to face my fears, I wrote it freestyle. Back at it tomorrow.
    Traci@tracesoffaith.com recently posted..Facing Fear

17. FUN!
    It was challenging last year. I hope to do it!
    Blessings,
    Em
    Emily @ Em’s Estuary recently posted..Meandering Transcripts – Em’s Daybook – Vol. 5

18. Jess says:

I thought is started this weekend. Derp.

19. ….I’m going to try….(blog has been serious lately- this might help me lighten up!)
    priest’s wife (@byzcathwife) recently posted..we are strangers, and they welcome us: thoughts on Final Judgment Sunday

20. Stefanie says:

I think I’m insane to do this, but I’m feeling the pressure from the nearly 250 other bloggers that already signed up!! :) I don’t want to be left out! We’ll see what I can come up with!
    Stefanie recently posted..Moments of Grace No. 3

21. gls says:

From October 2012 to October 2013, I posted daily. November and December I slipped a bit, but I haven’t missed a day in 2014 yet. It’s good for consistency, good for relaxing that perfectionism as you mention, and becomes a pleasant daily ritual closing out the day.
    gls recently posted..Gratitude

22. Bubs says:

Thanks, Jen. My wife is a loyal reader and suggested this to me. I’ve got a lot to write about this week anyway, so this’ll definitely give me a good reason to get it out there!
    Bubs recently posted..Goodbye, Samson

23. Maia says:

Thanks for this challenge! Last time I was grateful for all the great reading. This time I am participating. Is there a twitter hashtag for this?
    Maia recently posted..CHARGE!!

24. Richard Cole says:

Okay, let’s see how this works. It will be a good run-up to this weekend. Thanks for the venue, Jen.

Richard
    Richard Cole recently posted..Subway Mystic

25. Strahlen says:

It’s 11:53 on the East Coast, and I got my first post in just in time! Phew!!

Six more posts in six more days. Can’t wait to do some reading too! Thanks for putting this out there!
    Strahlen recently posted..The 7 Posts in 7 Days Challenge

26. Stacy says:

Wow, this is going to be wonderful! I can’t believe that I’m going to take this challenge, but I think I’m finally ready for it! I’m super excited! Thank you for doing this!I better get typing fast it’s 11:38 central time!
    Stacy recently posted..Simply Homemade

27. well I thought this was like Blogher where we are suppose to comment and post our lastest article but I looks like I am thee only one doing it..oh well
    Ghosts? Why Jesus Fills Them With His Love
    melanie jean juneau recently posted..Ghosts? Why Jesus Fills Them With His Love

28. Flor says:

Hello Everybody! I’m here a day late since I was suscribed to the challenge. Sorry! I found very hard to begin because I found absolutely necessary refresh my blogsite’s template. Here my first post from seven. My native language is Spanish so I usually posting in my blogsite in this language. Thanks! And sorry if my english it isn’t too good.

29. Lauren says:

Great idea, but I’m glad I didn’t sign up for this round. I have been fighting “the crud” (a cold) this week, and at this point I’m lucky I have the energy to sit and read blogs. Maybe next time!
    Lauren recently posted..Tour de Louisiane

30. well, I pressed publish instead of sve so I have Sunday’s post published on Saturday but it is # 7!!!
    melanie jean juneau recently posted..Mary Through The Eyes of The Orient

31. Meredith says:

Thanks for this fun challenge – it was a great week of posting for me!
    God Bless You!
    Meredith recently posted..On Being Wise Enough :: Weekends With Chesteron

32. Kathy Brents says:

Thanks for having us over, Jen! Not only fun, but it also helped me out of a vicious circle I have been in of not posting very much lately! I feel like it might take me the rest of my life to see all the other blogs, but I am working my way through them – WOW!
    Kathy Brents recently posted..NUMBAH 7

33. Linebyline says:

Wow. I can’t believe I actually made it.

And I really can’t believe I actually posted the link! I mean, I cheated and waited until I had all seven posts up, but still! Pressure! Attention! Scrutiny! Aaaaaah! Oh well, it was already posted publicly anyway. :P

Thanks for the inspiration! This was tough but rewarding. In the last week, I’ve broken my blog’s records for the number of posts in a year!