1 Quick Take in which I do an imitation of a responsible adult

Guys, I’m going to take a pass this time around. I was at a Texas Center for the Defense of Life dinner tonight where I had the pleasure of meeting Governor Mike Huckabee, and getting a picture with him that was so blurry and unflattering of both of us that I cannot bring myself to post it here no matter how badly I want to make it seem like it’s a normal part of my daily life to hang out with esteemed public figures (though I did put it on Twitter, of course).

Here is a better shot with some of the lovely ladies of the Central Texas Coalition for Life:

7qt255 ctcl 1 Quick Take in which I do an imitation of a responsible adult

Anyway, normally it’s fun and energizing for me to do the Thursday night push to get my 7 Quick Takes post up by midnight, but tonight I’m wiped out. I was getting stressed out about finishing it, and then it occurred to me: Hey! I don’t actually have to do this!

So, in the spirit of knowing when it’s time to stop working and go rest, I’m going to close my laptop and get a good night’s sleep.

Have a great day, and do take a moment to check out the list of blogs below to read other folks’ posts!

————————-

7 quick takes sm1 1 Quick Take in which I do an imitation of a responsible adult

16 Responses to “1 Quick Take in which I do an imitation of a responsible adult”
  1. TracyE says:

You are better than I am. I uploaded pics from our daughter’s fitness festival and….that’s it! Sometimes we just need to go to bed! Good for you, now have a great weekend!

2. Jen, that’s a beautiful thing to realize, if you don’t mind my saying so. Imitable, indeed!
    Rhonda Ortiz (@ The Naptime Novelist) recently posted..7QT: [Of course I clicked “Publish” without putting in a title]

3. Awww…you are human after all! LOL! :)
    Looking forward to attending the Ignited By Truth Conference next weekend and hoping our paths will cross then! I hope you enjoyed your lovely dinner and well deserved rest last night!
    Tracy Bua Smith recently posted..7 Quick Takes: March 14

4. Ann-Marie says:

A (very) long time ago, when I was a freshman at A&M, Gov. Huckabee came and spoke. There was extra credit for my SCOM class to attend. He was a wonderful speaker; I was so impressed. But what I remember most was being so touched. His mother had died (if I remember, unexpectedly) right before this trip to A&M. And he came anyway. And spoke with beautiful honesty about how he was doing, in addition to the topic of his talk (which I can’t remember at all).

5. Emily B says:

Rest! and peace be with you. Congratulations on that responsible adult thing…still working on it myself :)
    Emily B recently posted..Until Death Do Us Part

6. heather says:

if you dont take of the mama, who will? Get your rest, you deserve it! :D love your comments on your Huckabee pic, lol! We’ve all been there!
    heather recently posted..The Pinkest of Pony Parties

7. Isn’t it crazy how late that thought of “I don’t have to do this” comes to us? It’s been liberating slowing down the last couple of weeks for me. Hope you got some rest! Waiting to see a photoshopped version of you and Huckabee. Or maybe your own version of I Heart Huckabee? And now it is time for me to give it a rest. :)
    Rakhi @ The Pitter Patter Diaries recently posted..SQT: True Confessions, Moms and Daughters, & Artful Words

8. dweej says:

I love those “hey, I don’t have to do this!” moments. Freeeeeeeeeeeeedom!!!
    dweej recently posted..Riches, them kids, and a must-watch video (7qt)

9. Kelly says:

Ha! I am at the other end of the spectrum this week. At the end of the pack. JUST getting my post done at –well LATE in the day, and it took me for.ev.er. to do. Does anyone else feel like the slowest blogger ever? My pictures and videos kept disappearing, and moving around, and.erg!
    Kelly recently posted..7 quick takes: favorite prayers, a snobby review of my favorite music, and my cat.

10. So the first think I thought when I saw this picture was, “I’m going to the Ignited by Truth conference next week. How amazing would it be if I met Jen (in my thoughts, we’re on a first name basis) and took a picture with her and she put it up on her blog!” But, then I came down from Cloud 9 and I think I shall be satisfied if I just meet you. See you soon!
    Mandi @ Messy Wife, Blessed Life recently posted..A Brew, An Apple, and a Busy Week #7QT

11. Amy says:

Good for you! Hope you got some rest.
    Amy recently posted..My Writing Space

12. Lindsay says:

I know both of those lovely ladies! Well, if you count you, all three! I love when worlds collide.
    Lindsay recently posted..7 Quick Takes on Seeking Balance, Seraphic Singles, and Pretty Ribbon

13. No worries if you don’t post a traditional 7 Quick Takes because you’re at a respect life dinner with other people who are doing what they can to protect and respect the sanctity of human life. It’s also fine that you didn’t have the picture you wanted to post to come out the way you’d hoped. Your most important work is in your openness to life, which you and your husband live out every day as parents to a gaggle of little ones.
    Trisha Niermeyer Potter recently posted..Our Night in a Penitential Suite

14. Lynne says:

I thought you might enjoy this. The title is “See how a family of 11 makes their 1100 sq. ft. home work”. The thing that struck me is how perfectly neat everything is. With light carpet and furniture! Very well done.

15. You’re much better than I will be. My spouse and i submitted pictures via our own daughter’s fitness pageant and…. that’s the idea! From time to time we only need to hit the sack! Useful to you, will have an incredible saturday and sunday!