Four amazing talks from the Edel Gathering

I survived the flights out here to North Carolina, and am now at my aunt and uncle’s mountain cabin!

I have to say, for all my prophesying of doom, the flights ended up being…EXACTLY AS DIFFICULT AS I THOUGHT THEY’D BE. But we’ll talk about that more on Friday.

jen black mountain Four amazing talks from the Edel Gathering

2.5 seconds after this photo was taken, I had to run grab the baby before he hurled himself down the deck stairs.

Meanwhile, one of the things I’ve been able to do here in my mountain hideaway is to clean up the audio files from the Edel Gathering! I know that many people have been anxious to hear them after all the rave reviews, so I’m thrilled to share them with you.

Here they are, in order of appearance. A few notes:

• The lovely emcee you hear at the beginning in the one and only Jenny Uebbing.
  • To download any of the talks, right-click on the “Download” link and choose “Save As.”
  • If you are reading this on email, click through to stream the talks.
  • Feel free to enjoy and download these talks for personal use, but please don’t duplicate or distribute without permission.

Enjoy!

HALLIE LORD

hallie lord Four amazing talks from the Edel Gathering

IT IS GOOD THAT YOU ARE HERE (10 min):

Download

MARION FERNANDEZ-CUETO

marion fernandez cueto Four amazing talks from the Edel Gathering

A WORD TO THE WEARY: ADVENTURES IN MOTHERHOOD, HOPE, AND THE FREEDOM OF LOVE (33 min):

Download

HALEY STEWART

haley stewart1 Four amazing talks from the Edel Gathering

MY KIDS ARE KILLING ME (40 min):

Download

JEN FULWILER

jennifer fulwiler lowres1 Four amazing talks from the Edel Gathering

FILL THE CATHEDRALS (15 min)

Download

. . .

The talks will be posted soon on the Edel Gathering website as well.

Thank you to everyone who attended, and to everyone who supported the event with prayers and kind words. We’re working on Edel ’15 and should have exciting news for you within the next few weeks!

29 Responses to “Four amazing talks from the Edel Gathering”
  1. Caitlin E says:

YAY!I did my best to take notes and breastfeed at the same time, but my brain moves a little slow with all that nursing oxytocin. So looking forward to listening to these ladies again, distraction free!
    Caitlin E recently posted..First Selfie?

2. Brandi says:

Jen-thank you for posting these! I haven’t yet listening to all of them, but just finished listening to you. I am a (very) single convert, so I don’t understand the struggles of Catholic mommyhood, but I am so thankful for you mentioning how hard it is to be a Catholic woman period. I struggle with a lack of community and am so grateful to be reminded that I am not alone in living my faith in this world!

• The other day I just had a long talk with a single friend, and we both marveled at how difficult it is to be a Catholic woman in this society! I didn’t realize how difficult her daily struggles are, and she hadn’t realized the difficulty of mine. It’s so good to remember that we’re in it together!

3. Thank you so much for posting these! I can’t wait to listen to them, I know they’ll be brilliant.
    Mary Helen (A Helping of Home) recently posted..9 months…

4. Rosemary says:

Thank you so much for sharing these! I am so looking forward to listening to them. :)

5. Becky says:

I listened to all of the talks and they are all amazing. Gave me something other to do than to sit around watching Netflix. I was hooked actually–made me feel like I Was actually there. Thanks for posting these, I hope others will take the time to listen to them too.

6. I’m so excited to be able to listen to these again. I’ve found myself searching my (not so good) memory for the words from those beautiful talks at various times over the past week-and-a-half. Hope you’re having a good trip!
    Amy @ Motherhood and Miscellany recently posted..Sharing Crosses

7. Francine says:

Thanks so much for posting these! The next best thing to being there in person… :)
    Francine recently posted..Throw Me a Bone

8. Julie says:

Wonderful! Thank you for this! It will be great to listen to the talks again, to process them better. (And can I say I’m especially interested to hear Marion’s a few times over? There was just so, so much tucked into hers.) Enjoy the rest of your trip!
    Julie recently posted..When Breast Isn’t Best

9. Yea, Jen!!!! I am so excited to have these files to refer to and share! You are awesome! What an unexpected gift! So many exclamation points. Hopefully you get the sense of my elation and gratitude. Blessings to you, Joe & the fan. Enjoy NC.

10. Laura Pearl says:

Thank you for posting these! I am anxious to listen to them. I’ve been so interested in reading the different posts from bloggers who attended the gathering–but hearing these talks will make me feel as if I was there.

11. Ah! I’m on my coffee break, but I can’t wait until 5:15 when I can listen to these!!!

12. Kira says:

I am heart sick that I couldn’t be there. Would have required a clone, though. One that came with her own funding. *sigh*
    Next year!

13. Virginia says:

Hooray! Thanks for getting them out! I’ve been patiently (impatiently) waiting to hear these!!

14. Becky says:

Thank you SO MUCH for posting these talks! I’m so happy to hear them, and really really hoping to be there next year.

15. Kathleen says:

Totally cried. I don’t have a blog so I didn’t think the Edel conference was for me but after listening to the talks i want to go next year anyway. I can’t believe how much I need to hear Marion’s talk right now today! Holy Spirit really using this conference.. Even after it’s over. I just sent the talks to everyone..

16. Mary says:

So fabulously, wonderfully, awesomely awesome talks. Thanks so much for sharing. Can’t wait to one days meat this women face to face. So glad that you and Hallie said yes to the Lords tugging on your heart.

17. Laura Smeby says:

Those were amazing! Thank you so much for posting. It was very nice to spend naptime being so enlightened and inspired! Well done to all the speakers…

18. So glad you put these up. Now I can share!
    Nell @ Whole Parenting Family recently posted..7Qts on Getting Done What Needs to Get Done

19. Jackie says:

Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful, wonderful speeches. I feel refreshed just sitting in my home listening (where my introverted self likes to be).
    I am hailing from Kansas, and have a Mother’s Group in our parish that will totally be listening to these and sharing together. Thanks for posting these so we can work together as the Body of Christ to build cathedrals and fill them!

20. Thank you so much for sharing these talks, Jen! I had a ticket to Edel and was all pumped up to go. Then, God put it on my heart that our marriage needed a getaway more than I needed a girls’ weekend at Edel. I was bummed to be missing out on the fun, but the getaway with my husband was exactly what we needed. Congratulations on a blessed and fruitful Edel Gathering! Thank you (and Hallie and all of the other women) for allowing God to use you and your talents to bless so many women. Also, thank you for sharing these talks for those of us who couldn’t be there in person. I hope I’ll be on the dance floor with you and these other women next year!
    Catherine Boucher recently posted..PMS-ing and “Safe Friends”

21. Thank you so much for posting these! I was unable to attend the event and am very grateful that I was able to hear the talks anyway. They were all truly touching!

Hallie: your message that “it is good that you are here” resonated with me even without being there. It is important to remember that we all have our struggles and insecurities because it’s so easy to think that other people have it all figured out.

Marion: You are an amazing speaker, and the message you shared left me almost in tears it was so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your story!

Haley: I was cracking up listening to your talk, yet it still had a very important message– one that paralled my own experience in many ways. I too thought I had it pretty together until my kids taught me otherwise… and oh, 3 year olds!

Jen: Discovering the world of Catholic bloggers was life changing for me because I needed to see other women on this same journey. Thank you for always being a source of encouragement and for uniting women throughout the community.
    Jennifer @ Little Silly Goose recently posted..Celebrating 7 Years Since 07/07/07

22. KJL says:

Thank you so much for posting these. My heart needs them so much right now.

23. Tori says:

Thanks so much for sharing these. I wanted to go from the moment you ladies announced what you were planning but it wasn’t going to happen this time around. I’m glad everyone had such an amazing time and I hope I’ll be able to join in for the next one!

24. Catherine says:

This is so awesome! Thank you!!!

25. thanks for these talks….I would love to attend the next conference -even though I guess I would have to give my real name… ;)
    priest’s wife @byzcathwife recently posted..Martyered Bishops, Martyred Faith in Transylvania Romania

26. zvplan.info says:

Fortunately, CCTV security systems can be found at a wide range of price points, ensuring
    affordability for individuals, families and businesses of most sizes.
    When you put in a CCTV security system you will be able to avoid working with many with the thieves that strike businesses which are not prepared.
    How to build cctv dvr system The security of banks and also other government
    establishments within the present time period is incomplete without the installing of CCTV camera systems.

If you might have higher resolution cameras (520 TVL- 700 TVL), you will need a DVR that will
    record the frames at a size that enables you to take benefit from the
    increased detail. The IP Surveillance Camera will capture unclear
    grainy images from CCTV since businesses need to know how potential threats may be detected, identified and mitigated.

A written or perhaps documented connection sent out being able to growing media websites
    -newspapers, magazines, online communities, weblogs, or perhaps EPKs.
    This is probably the reason when at times you’ll find a striking resemblance between various characters in magazines and those in movies.
    Cctv dvr price announce – zvplan.info, You can win the hearts and trust of his audience if these are given advice, proven techniques and
    trade secrets. When writing for search engines like yahoo your article ought to be keyword
    rich.